Detroit (ii)

***

"Good morning Robert, how are you?" Angelina asked absentmindedly, picking out a suitable outfit for both Eden and Jacob. The phone pressed against her ear as she multi-tasked.

"Morning Ang, I'm doing fine. Just getting ready for set, can I talk to Eden? I won't be able to call tonight I'm gonna be flying" he asked, his voice breaking through the phone. 

"Of course! hold on one second, she's just out of the shower" Angelina replied quickly calling for her daughter.

 Wrapped in her dressing gown Eden happily bounded over to talk to her dad.

"Daddy! hi" she giggled, breaking out in her contagious laugh at an unheard joke. Robert always found a way to make her smile or laugh, it was his best feature.

The sound filled up the room and automatically put a beaming smile onto Angelina's face. 

"I think we're going  to play with Whitney in her pool today. We just got back from dance class, Whit was meant to come but she couldn't make it" Eden told him her voice dripping with disappointment. She wished her new friend could have joined them.

"Well that's alright love, at least you can see her later on. Then you could show her some of your dance moves... maybe teach her a routine" he offered, wanting her preppy self back. 

"Mmh your right dad!" Eden agreed, a smile settling back on her face. "So daddy... you know the way I've always wanted a pet? do you think I could get a dog now that I'm older?" she asked, moving her body away from her mother when she tried to grab the phone. 

"Is your mom trying to take the phone away?" Robert laughed listening to her little giggles through the phone. 

"Yes! quick dad answer before she gets me!" she cackled, losing the fight when Angelina let out a cry of victory.

"Robert! don't you dare answer her... we'll discuss it later on when we meet in New York?" she bargained knowing he would give in to her every demand. 

"Perfect, Eden come and say goodbye to your dad, he won't be able to call tonight" 

"Bye, daddy!" she giggled, "I love you 3,000" Kissing him goodbye through the phone. It was their ritual. 

***

Half an hour later they were on their way to the Marshall household. The mansion was gorgeous but very different from there mansion in LA. 

"Well!" Jacob greeted, hugging Marshall hello.  

"Marshmallow!!" Eden sang, skipping over to him. Wrapping her small arms around his neck, she laughed when he stood up, still in his arms.

Angelina smiled, hugging him in greeting without a second thought. It was strange to see Eden so comfortable with another man that wasn't considered family. All Angelina's previous love interests didn't get Eden's seal of approval, which in hindsight was a good thing as they all turned out to be unsuitable in their own way.

 "Mama! look they have a dog! Where was he yesterday?!" Eden quickly fired, falling back into her first language. 

"Eh? what she say" Em asked confused, looking at the girl who he didn't know was bilingual. "Sorry she does that when she's excited" Angelina laughed, waving off her daughters mistake. 

"She said you have a dog" Angelina explained, pointing to the animal lazying on the sofa. Something Angelina would never let happen, she was OCD and dog hairs were a big no-no for her.