Oscars part 1

***

The red carpet stretched out like a river of anticipation, as Hollywood's finest gathered at the grand entrance of the Dolby Theatre. The paparazzi's flashing lights illuminated the night, casting a mesmerizing glow upon the crowd. Everyone was waiting for the arrival of Eden-Rose, the youngest Oscar nominee.

It was the most anticipated night of the year, the Oscars, where dreams were made, shattered, and stars were born. Among the sea of glamorous, surgically crafted faces and shimmering gowns, there was one name on everyone's lips, Eden-Rose

Tonight, the world held its breath for the arrival of the truly enigmatic and captivating figure who was destined to be the star of the night. 

***

Robert barely made it into the hotel suite before he was wiping a fallen tear away from his eye. His heart was pounding with a mix of nervous anticipation and overwhelming pride for his baby girl. It felt like just yesterday she was put in his arms for the very first time, where he promised he would protect her from the world and turn his life around for the better.

Inside the lavish hotel suite, Jacob was the first to take note of Robert's blurry eyes and didn't hesitate for a second to start cracking jokes with the boys as a form of distraction. It was quite clear that the man he considered his second father was on the brink of a major cry fest. 

Angelina was the one to snap Robert out of his reminiscing as she pulled him across the room toward his twirling daughter. 

"You look so beautiful! my little princess!!" Robert cooed picking her up, "You're definitely my favorite child" he whispered giving Eden the longest hug of her life.

Eden laughed out loud at her father's antics and wrapped her thin arms around his neck. 

"Daddy! I'm your only child!"

Susan squirmed uncomfortably at Eden's innocent declaration feeling a hot burning sensation on the right side of her face. She didn't have to look to know Angelina was staring in her direction looking for some sort of reaction.  

It wasn't surprising seeing as Angelina and Marshall had been secretly trying to conceive a child in the past few months. They had both hoped to finally give Eden what she dreamed of since she was a young child, a younger sibling.

"My perfect little princess! Are you ready for your big night?" Robert asked in a giddy tone oblivious to the looks being passed around the room. Eden would always be his main focus, no matter who was in the room.

"Yes! I really want to bring an Oscar home so you can build a doll house for him" Eden beamed with a toothy grin.

"I'll make you the best dollhouse in the whole wide world" Robert agreed dramatically finally setting her down to the floor. 

"You can assemble the Avengers to help you and do Tony Stark proud" Eden suggested with a girly giggle. 

"That's a perfect idea! You know they can't resist your puppy dog eyes" Robert chuckled softly before pulling Eden over to the corner of the room for a little privacy. He needed to let her know that there was a possibility she wouldn't be able to take home an Oscar tonight and that it was perfectly okay. 

"Dad?"

"I just want to let you know that win or lose, your mother and I are so proud of you. You have a lifetime of opportunities ahead, and I'll be here, cheering you every step of the way" 

Eden's eyes sparkled as she listened to her father's heartfelt words. He didn't know how much she was waiting for a bit of reassurance, no one spoke of the possibility she might lose, despite being deemed the underdog of her category.