Nationals

(Unedited)

***

"Wheres my little princess?" Robert called out, his voice echoing through the mansion. He never failed to make a grand entrance no matter the circumstance or place.

"Dad!" Eden cheered, pouncing on him before he had time to react.

"You move like a cat, I never hear you coming" Robert muttered picking her up with ease. Even at the age of ten he still treated her like a baby, caring her from place to place. It was his way of making up for being absent, he doted on her as much as he could wouldn't turning her into a brat. It was one of the reasons Eden found it so difficult to share him with Susan in the beginning, she didn't even have to share him with her mom.

After winning in regional's he had made the trip down to Pittsburgh with Susan. Their wedding was drawing closer, they both wanted to get it done as quick as possible. Eden would of course be a bridesmaid which meant the guest list had to be carefully selected.

Eden giggled at his silly joke before hissing like a cat.

"What did you get up to today?" he asked setting her back on two feet. 

"I woke up, danced for two hours, went to home-school , practiced my Japanese, helped mom and Susan cook, and then mom took some photos for Instagram or something like that" Eden stated quickly, Robert barely had anytime to comprehend what she was saying.

"What did you do?"

"oh um well I went to a meeting and had a look around Pittsburgh.." Robert trailed off realising compared to his ten year old daughter he didn't really achieve much.

"oh do you like it here? it's very different from New York and La isn't it?!"

"It is but you don't spend too much time here anyway" the father hummed pulling her along towards the sound of Angelina's and Susan's voice.

"I guess your right" Eden agreed silently thinking about how all her free time is spent traveling to interviews and photo-shoots across America. The only thing keeping them in Pittsburgh was the show 'Dance Moms' and her friends Jacob, Lucas, Zachary. 

"I'm always right Princess, I thought you knew that?"

"oh yeah? Well what about that time whe--" Eden was cut off by being thrown over her fathers shoulder. Her cackling laugh bounced off the walls as he ran towards the kitchen.

"Dad!" 

Susan and Angelina exchanged an amusing look as the man-child came bounding into the kitchen, his once clean cut suit jumbled with Eden strewn over his shoulder. Her natural curls had once again made an appearance making her resemble a lion cub.

"Has any one seen my little princess? I Seem to have misplaced her..."

"I right here dad! and I'm a queen not a princess" Eden whined pinching his side to try and gain his attention. 

Angelina stifled her grin she had missed their carry-on, Eden defiantly took after her father in regards of personality. She was feisty and sarcastic when comfortable around the person. No one from the ALDC had truly seen the real her unless she was with Jacob or her mother.

"Hmm no can't say I have... maybe check the studio?" Susan suggested playing along with his game.

"Susan!" Eden cried out laughing when Robert tickled her once again. Her contagious laugh belted out of her shaking frame. No one could stop their muscles twitching into a smile, her positive energy was just too strong.

When Robert finally decided to end the game, the family of four settled in for a game of monopoly. It was an even playing field with Eden's high level of intelligence. Robert was her main competition, he was completely focused on winning whilst her mom's chatted about Angelina's business and success. Both woman were accomplished beyond recognition although Susan preferred to stay behind the camera lens.