Because I Loved You

TW: This story will include mentions of death, suicide, and refusing to eat/drink. If you are sensitive to any of these things, please do not continue reading. There will also be spoilers for chapter 2 
This entire chapter is in Taka's POV. (I like to think that Mondo would have given his jacket to Taka if he has the chance, so that's gonna be in this story.)

I sat on the floor of my room, shaking from the uncontrollable sobs that escaped my mouth. Mondo's jacket was draped over my shoulders, only making it worse, but I wasn't going to take it off. It was the one thing I had left of the first person I had ever fallen for.

There was a sudden knock on my door.

"W-w-what?" I said while still sobbing.

The door opened and there stood Aoi and Hiro. Aoi carried a bowl of something in her hands and Hiro had some water with him.

I looked up at them and tried to control my sobs, but seeing their faces only made me cry harder. Aoi walked over to me, set the bowl down and sat next to me, stroking my back.

"I'm so sorry, Taka.." She said. I cried even harder. Hiro closed the door and set the water down, also sitting next to me.

"Taka, me and Aoi saw that you haven't been eatin' or drinkin' any water, so we brought you some water and somethin' to eat." Hiro explained.

"I d-d-don't w-ant t-to..."

"We know, sweetie, but you need to at least drink some water, m'kay?" Aoi said, giving me a slight jostle. I shook my head and tucked my legs closer to my chest.

"Taka, please, br- I mean, uh, man. You need to eat somethin'."

After a while of them coaxing, I finally agreed to drink some of the water, but I still refused to eat. I already felt nauseous enough without any food in my system. They eventually left, but kept the food with me in case I wanted to eat.

A few hours later, I stood up and put the jacket on completely. I looked at the clock. 9:47 pm. I decided to go on a walk through the school to try and calm myself.

I opened the door and closed it behind me. I began to walk through halls, not looking at the door that once had the Ultimate Biker Gang Leader behind it.

After a while of walking, I found myself standing in front of the door to the sauna. Tears began to well up in my eyes and I felt the familiar choking feeling inside of my throat. I speed walked away from the sauna, away from the locker rooms. Away from everything that took Mondo away from me. But, then again, I knew I couldn't escape the reality that he was gone, and I would never see him again.

Then it hit me that he actually killed somebody. He hurt someone else, and he was now dead because of it. The reality of it made me walk faster, and faster, until I started sprinting, not knowing or caring where I was going. I wanted to shout, scream, punch something, kick something, hurt somebody, or do something to rid myself of the pain of losing him.

Then I realized that I couldn't do anything. Nothing. I was helpless. I was stuck in this endless void of anger and despair. I stopped running, realizing that I was now in the library. I looked over and saw Togami reading a novel in the room he was always in. I looked by his foot and saw that another extension cord had replaced the one used on Fujisaki. Togami looked up at me and rolled his eyes.

"Ah, the prefect. What? Are you going to yell at me for not being in my dorm room?"

"N-no.."

"Then what could you possibly need?"

"I-.. I don't... know.."

Togami paused then started laughing at me.

"Oh, that's right. Your little biker gang leader is the one who murdered poor Fujisaki. How could I have forgotten?"

My eyes began to fill with tears and anger began to burn inside my chest.

"S-shut up, T-Togami.." I said through clenched teeth.

"Oh, now don't go losing your polite nature just because the pathetic oaf is dead-"

I didn't let him finish. I walked over to the table and slammed my fist against it.

"SHUT UP, YOU INCOMPETENT ASSHOLE! DON'T YOU DARE SPEAK OF MONDO IN SUCH A DEGRASIVE MANNER! HE WAS MORE OF A PERSON THAN YOUR SPOILED ASS WILL EVER BE!"

Togami was taken aback, and he had stood up at this point. I realised that I began crying again. Togami scoffed and left me as I cried. I eventually fell to the floor. Looking up, I saw the extension cord and stared at it as my sobs lessened.

I want this pain to end...

Without thinking, I grabbed the cord and shoved it into one of he pockets of  the jacket and walked back to my dorm room, no longer feeling anything. Everything around me felt blurry, the noise of the heels of my boots hitting the ground sounded as if it were far away. My heartbeat was the only thing I could hear clearly. 

Once I made it to my dorm, I opened the door and didn't bother to lock it. I walked over to my desk and began writing a note to everyone, apologizing for everyhing I had done. I then pulled the chair out. I stood on the chair and pulled out the extension cord, tying it into a noose. I then began trying to figure out how I would tie it to the ceiling.

Once I'd tied the cord to the ceiling, I pulled it over my head.

"Mondo... I wish you knew... the only reason I'm doing this... is because I loved you..."

A/N: Hello! So, I decided to write some angst because I didn't have any other ideas and yeah. I was going to make a Valentine's Day story for these two, but I restarted like 5 times because I had no ideas, and the writing was just very messy and I hated the way it came out, so yeah. I'm sorry if this isn't very good, either. I kinda made it up as I went, but trust me when I tell you it came out a billion times better then the Valentine's Day one would've. Anyway, I'm going to be writing some fluff shots after this so yeah.

Please be sure to hydrate today! <3

~Oli
(1116 wrds, including A/N)