Bad Dream?

Taka's POV

I shot up from Mondo's bed in a cold sweat. I was shaking and the tears that pricked my eyes slowly began to fall down my pale face.

I had dreamt that Mondo went out on a ride with Daiya, only he never returned. I couldn't remember exactly what happened brtween that moment and the next, but the next thing I knew, I was leaning over a dead Mondo lying in a hospital bed, the sound of that insufurable beeping of the heart-monitor (A/N: That's what they're called right? Idfk, I'm too tired to look it up).

I looked to the left of me and saw Mondo through the rays of moonlight that managed to escape through the curtians. He was lying on his stomach with no shirt on, his hair an absolute wreck and his eyeliner smudged due to him forgetting to wipe it off. His back was barely covered by the black comforter, revealing his perfectly sculpted muscles and shoulder blades. His breathing was heavy and slow, just barely letting out the tiniest snores that always helped me sleep. Normally, the sight of him looking so peaceful would have made me smile. That night, it made me cry. Hard.

"M-Mondo.." I said quietly, shaking him. There was no response. Of course not. He'd always been a heavy sleeper.

"Mondo!" I said louder, now shaking him with both of my hands. I was sobbing now.

He groaned and rolled onto his back. He looked at me and realized that I was crying. He immediately sat up and took my left hand in his right, using his other to wipe my tears.

"Baby?" He said, panicking. "What's wrong? What happened? Are you okay?"

His concern made me want to smile, but I couldn't. So, instead, I explained the dream I had to him.

"I-I unders-stand that it w-was just a dream, b-but it felt so r-real..." I whispered looking down at our entangled hands. "It.. m-made me re-alize how t-terri-fied I am of l-losing you..."

"Oh, Doll, you're never gonna lose me-"

"You don't know that!"

He looked slightly taken aback by me raising my voice.

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't m-mean to raise my v-voice at you, M-Mondo.."

"It's okay, Love. I understand."

He pulled me into a hug and kissed my temple, rubbing his thumb over my knuckle and rubbing my back. After a few minutes, I had relaxed, but Mondo continued to make these gestures. I assumed it was to prevent me from becoming upset again. He knew that the loss of his touch when I was upset could cause me to go into a fit of panic (A/N: Am I basing this off of my own habits because I kin Taka? Perhaps. But I also think that Mondo's touch would comfort Taka).

After a while, Mondo pulled away slightly, still holding my hand.

"You doin' better, Doll?" He whispered, giving me a small smile. I smiled back and nodded, rubbing my eyes.

"Yes, Mondo. I apologize for overreacting."

"Ugh, stop fuckin' apologizin' for shit that ain't in your control."

".. I'm sor-" I was interrupted by Mondo giving me an unnamused look.

"Stooooooop. Relax for two seconds, Love. You don't need to apologize for everything."

I shut my mouth but smiled as I leaned into his bare chest as he wrapped his arms around me, kissing my forehead.

A/N: There, I did it. I actually finished a one-shot. I'm too tired to write anything else, so goodnight-morning-thingy idk.

Please just drink some fuckin' water.
~Oli
(611 wrds, including A/N)