Bad Day

Thank you to lostkitties5k  for suggesting this chapter :-)

Mondo doesn't have a pompadour in this chapter cause why not

3rd Person

Today was pretty much the same as any other. Taka woke up at 6:00 AM sharp to get ready for school, left his dorm at 7 to meet with the student council for their weekly meeting, and did his regular hall monitoring duties. Nothing seemed off except for one person: Mondo. He moped around all day long and seemed unbothered by everything. He didn't even threaten to punch Leon when he hooked an arm around Mondo. The worst part was that Taka never got the chance to ask him what was wrong as he was busy all day.

At the end of the day, Taka immediately started looking for Mondo. He spotted him going to his dorm and promptly followed him.

"Mondo!" He called out. Mondo looked over his shoulder. His facial expression stayed blank and devoid of any sort of emotion. Taka stopped in front of him. "Mondo, are you alright? You're not yourself today."

"'M fine.." Mondo said, his eyes having a tired look in them. He turned back around and walked towards his dorm room, Taka following close behind him and Mondo not seeming to care.

Once in Mondo's dorm, Taka closed the door behind them. He turned to see Mondo throwing his jacket off and flopping onto his bed face first. Taka took off his boots and walked over to the biker.

"Mondo?"

"Mm."

"Please tell me what's wrong. Even if I can't help, I'd like to know why my boyfriend is acting so strange."

"'S jus' one o' those days, Taka.."

"I'm afraid I don't know what you mean."

"I'm jus' feelin' a lil' depressed. I'm fine."

"Depressed?! Are you alright? How can I hel-" he was interrupted by Mondo grabbing his arm. He looked down and saw Mondo giving a tired smile.

"Babe, I just had a bad day, aight? I'm okay." Mondo let go of Taka and put his face back into the pillow. Taka stood for a second before sitting down, thinking. He wanted to make Mondo feel better but he didn't know how. Then he got the perfect idea. He sat up and moved behind Mondo and placed his hands underneath Mondo's shirt, making the other flinch.

"Whoa there, tiger. I'm not really in the mood-"

"Mondo! That is not what's going on. Just take your shirt off."

Mondo shrugged and sat up, doing as he was told.

"Alright, now sit on the edge of the bed." Mondo obliged, confused as all hell.

Taka looked around and spotted a bottle of lotion next to Mondo's bed. Taka found this rather strange, as Mondo had very rough and callused hands. Oh well, he'd ask about it later. He reached over and put some lotion on his hands and moved back towards Mondo. He placed his hands on Mondo's shoulder and started massaging, finding that Mondo was very tense.

"Mm.. Damn I didn't know you could give massages, Doll. I mean, you massage my dick just fine, but-"

"SHUT UP!" Mondo laughed at Taka's response, and Taka couldn't help but giggle a bit. Mondo hummed and leaned into Taka's touch. The gesture made Taka smile.

"So, what happened today, Love? Why were you in a bad mood?" Taka asked

"I mean, I woke up fine, but Daiya texted me this morning and told me he's leaving for a few weeks so I won't be able to see him for awhile."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Mondo."

"Oh, no it's fine. He does this every few months cause he's in a long distance relationship with his girlfriend, and he's fuckin' whipped, so I get it. I think that might've just started the day off wrong. I also just think it was one of those days, ya know?"

"You mean you feeling depressed?"

"Mhm. Just happens sometimes and there's not much you can do to stop it."

"I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I wish I could help more."

"Babe, you're doing plenty. This is already making me feel better." Taka smiled at Mondo's words.

"I'm glad."

Then silence ensued. It was a comfortable silence, the two just enjoying each other's company (and Mondo enjoying the massage he was receiving). There was the occasional hum of approval from Mondo and Taka's smile grew every time.

After about 15 minutes, Mondo leaned back and rested the back of his head on Taka's shoulder, forcing the latter to stop. Mondo's eyes were closed and he had a small smile on his face.

"Thanks, toots."

"Toots? Well that's a new one, Love."

"Mm, it suits ya." Mondo opened his eyes to study Taka's face. His smile grew and he reached a hand up to cup Taka's cheek. "You're so pretty... I still don't know what I did to deserve you." He whispered. Taka's heart fluttered and his face became warm but he smiled anyway.

"I love you, Mon."

"I love you, too, Baby. So much."

After a few seconds, Taka remembered the question he had earlier.

"Oh, and Mondo?"

"Mhm?"

"Why are your hands so rough even though you have a half-empty bottle of lotion next to your bed?"

Mondo's face went from tan to very bright red in matter of seconds.

A/N: Okay, I'm not gonna lie, I feel like the beginning of this one is a little rushed and I'm sorry but I didn't know what else to write for it. Once again, thank you to lostkitties5kfor suggesting this chapter. I'm sorry if it's not exactly what you wanted and please let me know if you want me to change anything about it cause I kinda just came up with things as I went, and I usually do more planning when I write.

~Oli

(971 wrds, including A/N)