9. Pus 'n Skrewts

◄✩༄*∗"Death by glass ball, one of Trelawney's favorites no doubt"∗*༄✩►

◄✩༄*∗They said, all teenagers

scare the living shit

out of me∗*༄✩►

— Teenagers | My Chemical Romance

【 ✧ ☾⋆☼⋆☽ ✧ 】

THE THUNDER HAD LEFT HOGWARTS by the time Y/N, Harry, Ron, and Hermione went down to breakfast, but had left the ceiling of the Great Hall gloomy; heavy clouds that threatened to rain them out swirled overhead as they examined their new course schedules. A few seats along, Fred, George, and Lee Jordan were discussing magical methods of aging themselves and bluffing their way into the Triwizard Tournament.

"Today's not bad . . . outside all morning," said Ron, who was running a finger down his schedule. "Herbology with the Hufflepuffs and Care of Magical Creatures . . . damn it, we're still with the Slytherins. . . ."

"Double Divination this afternoon," Harry groaned at his parchment. Y/N bit her lip, spreading sugar and butter on a couple of pieces of toast.

"You should have given it up like Y/N and me, shouldn't you have?" said Hermione briskly. "Then you'd be doing something sensible like Arithmancy."

"You're eating again, I notice," said Ron, watching Hermione adding liberal amounts of jam to her toast.

"I've decided there are better ways of making a stand about elf rights," said Hermione haughtily.

"Yeah . . . and you were hungry," said Ron, grinning.

There was a sudden rustling noise above them, and a hundred owls came soaring through the open windows carrying the morning mail. One of the Andilet's family owls, a great horned owl named Erlington, soared towards them with one large parcel, a much smaller one tied to the top of it. He landed in front of Y/N, nuzzling her cheek as she dug some treats from her pocket—as the daughter of a magizoologist (and a well-known one, at that), she seemed to pick up some habits from her father.

Erlington soared away as Y/N tore open the large parcel first; inside was a bright pink box full of treats and pastries from her mother's bakery. Taking a strawberry scone, she offered the rest to Harry, Ron, and Hermione, who dug in quickly and groaned at the taste.

"Well, I won't haf to ea' 'ere anymore when Y/N's mum senz these," Hermione said boastfully to Ron, ducking her head when a crumb tumbled from her mouth.

"Wha'ever," said Ron, rolling his eyes as his lip quirked.

Tearing the second parcel, a tiny, leather journal with about ten pages presented itself to Y/N. Wondering what report her father could have sent her now, she opened the first page. The drawing of a grey, furry insect with wings buzzed about, circling a beehive-like structure. Above the picture, in big, bold, letters, was the name GLUMBUMBLE.