41. Catch You Later, Pretty Girl, said the Swoon-worthy Guy

◄✩༄*∗"And it's Johnson, Johnson with the Quaffle, what a player that girl is, I've been saying it for years but she still won't go out with me

◄✩༄*∗"And it's Johnson, Johnson with the Quaffle, what a player that girl is, I've been saying it for years but she still won't go out with me."∗*༄✩►

◄✩༄*∗I, I wonder how many things

you think about before you get to me

I wonder how many things you wanna do,

you think I'm in-between

I feel myself fallin' further down your priorities

And I still make excuses for you constantly

I wonder how many things you think about

Before, before you get to me ∗*༄✩►

— how many things | Sabrina Carpenter

【 ✧ ☾⋆☼⋆☽ ✧ 】

HERMIONE SOON DEVISED A VERY CLEVER METHOD of communicating the time and date of the next meeting to all the members in case they needed to change it at short notice, because it would look so suspicious if people from different Houses were seen crossing the Great Hall to talk to each other too often (and as much as we promote inter-house unity, there were some boundaries that still needed to be drawn). She gave each of the members of the D.A. a fake Galleon (Ron became very excited when he saw the basket at first, convinced that she was actually giving out gold).

"You see the numerals around the edge of the coins?" Hermione said, holding one up for examination at the end of their fourth meeting. The coin gleamed fat and yellow in the light from the torches. "On real Galleons that's just a serial number referring to the goblin who cast the coin. On these fake coins, though, the numbers will change to reflect the time and date of the next meeting. The coins will grow hot when the date changes, so if you're carrying them in a pocket you'll be able to feel them. We take one each, and when Harry sets the date of the next meeting he'll change the numbers on his coin, and because I've put a Protean Charm on them, they'll all change to mimic his."

A blank silence greeted Hermione's words. She looked around at all the faces upturned to her, rather disconcerted.

"Well—I thought it was a good idea," she said uncertainly, "I mean, even if Umbridge asked us to turn out our pockets, there's nothing fishy about carrying a Galleon, is there? But . . . well, if you don't want to use them . . ."

"You can do a Protean Charm?" said Terry Boot.

"Yes," said Hermione.

"But that's . . . that's N.E.W.T. standard, that is," he said weakly.