64. Gloomy Glumbumbles and Secrecy Sensors

◄✩༄*∗"We'd be best pals if they didn't keep trying to do me in."∗*༄✩►

◄✩༄*∗ You know that I'm obsessed with your body

But it's the way you smile that does it for me

It's so sweet, knowing that you love me

Though we don't need to say it to each other, sweet

Knowing that I love you, and running my fingers through your hair

It's so sweet ∗*༄✩►

— Sweet | Cigarettes After Sex

【 ✧ ☾⋆☼⋆☽ ✧ 】

IT WAS RARE FOR Y/N AND HARRY to spend time alone together, but they had finally gotten the opportunity to one Thursday evening early October, where Hermione was in the library, and Ron was working on Keeping with Ginny at the Pitch. It was also a rare day where the Gryffindor common room was completely empty except for them; everyone was taking advantage of the nice weather outside, where it was completely dry and warm, a stark contrast to the past week's dreary and rainy weather. They had already enjoyed it earlier during their free period, however, and were now confined to the tower to (hopefully) finish their homework before the next day.

Y/N worked on homework, but she could feel Harry's stare on her as she worked. It made her all hot and heavy but she resisted looking up at him, determined to finish her Transfiguration assignment that was set that day.

"You're awful at hiding your arousal, Pix," Harry commented a few moments later, still watching her carefully from the adjacent armchair.

"Mhm," Y/N replied, crossing her legs further as she trained her eyes on her parchment. The words blurred together, scrambling themselves as if her brain were trying to prevent her from completing her work. Godric, she knew what she wanted, but she also knew she had to finish her homework . . .

"Come here," Harry said thickly, his voice rougher than usual as he cleared his lap of his schoolwork.

"I've got work," Y/N muttered, despite the ache between her legs throbbing for him as she tried to subtly adjust herself on the loveseat.

"Work that you're not even doing right now?" Harry mocked, and Y/N's gaze flicked up to his, only to be met with nothing but desire. "Your quill's been hovering over your parchment for five minutes now. Come here."

Y/N hesitated.

"Now, Pix."

"Thought you weren't obsessed with me?" Y/N teased, slowly shutting her textbook close and taking her time in stuffing her things in her bag, making sure her books were stacked just right and her quill was in its respective spot. "Seems to me like you're utterly infatuated with me."

"Yeah, cause I am," Harry said flatly, watching as she rose from the loveseat. "I said that love isn't obsession, but I never said I wasn't both in love and obsessed with you."

"Are you?" Y/N grinned teasingly, crossing the short distance to where Harry was sitting. His legs were spread slightly as he relaxed against the armchair and gazed at her with a calculative look.

Once in arm's distance he tugged her down to his lap, her knees on either side of his thighs and her skirt riding up her hips. Her arms circled his neck and she smiled down at him, her gaze flicking over his handsome face. He breathed through his lips, his adam's apple occasionally bobbing as he studied her. A faint rose colour tinted his cheeks and ears, giving Y/N perfect insight as to what he was thinking about.