44. Trouble In Paradise Costs Two Galleons, Flat

◄✩༄*∗"Wotcher, Y/N, you look like you've just cast incendio

◄✩༄*∗"Wotcher, Y/N, you look like you've just cast incendio."∗*༄✩►

◄✩༄*∗I've been keepin' my distance

Well, I just wanna know what you're thinkin'

I just can't explain the way it hurts

Now that what we had is gone

I don't have the words

I'm so bad at playin' along

Savin' my feelings

I've been keepin' my distance ∗*༄✩►

— distance | Ruel

【 ✧ ☾⋆☼⋆☽ ✧ 】

DESPITE CARING ABOUT MR. WEASLEY with her whole heart, Y/N did not join Hermione in leaving her parents to go see him and stay at Grimmauld place over the break. Hermione, understanding why, went to Hogsmeade with her, waved to her as she boarded the Hogwarts train, and left to summon the Knight Bus elsewhere.

The ride to London was very quiet; Parvati and Lavender stuck with her, and they were joined by Seamus, Dean, and Neville, who all asked why she wasn't staying at the castle with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. She told them her father's plans for their break, though she was thinking: had Harry not told them what she'd said?

Obviously not—it was probably too embarrassing to fathom having your long-term best friend head over heels for you when you didn't feel the same way. Though, he probably told Ron everything.

Mr. and Mrs. Andilet were waiting for Y/N at the train station, beaming at her. Grateful for the distraction from Hogwarts, she walked quickly over to them with her trunk and Erlington, grinning as she saw Mr. Andilet carrying Keke.

"Keke!" she exclaimed warmly, setting her things down to take Keke from Mr. Andilet. Keke purred in her arms, nuzzling her jumper as Mr. Andilet collected her trunk and Erlington.

"Had a good term?" Mrs. Andilet asked as they passed through the barrier onto the Muggle platform. Y/N groaned.

"No, our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Umbridge, is completely bonkers," Y/N said, trying very hard to get Umbridge's toad face out of her head. "She put a lifetime ban on Harry, Fred, and George for Quidditch. So now I'm Seeker, and two complete idiots are Beaters."

"Oh, no!" said Mrs. Andilet, leading them to their car. "I read about her in the Daily Prophet. A bit ugly, isn't she?"

"Inside and out," Y/N muttered, climbing into the car. Keke curled up in her lap as Y/N mindlessly stroked her black fur.