55. Drop-Ins from the Drop-Outs

◄✩༄*∗"Alicia and Angelina seem to be coming by every day, and not for our products

◄✩༄*∗"Alicia and Angelina seem to be coming by every day, and not for our products . . ."∗*༄✩►

◄✩༄*∗ Pull it out of park, put it in drive

I can feel your heart beatin' with mine

Underneath the stars lookin' for a sign

Glowing in the dark 'til the sun shines

Made it pretty far on the first try

Might've set the bar a little too high

Started with a spark, now we're on fire∗*༄✩►

— Stargazing | The Neighbourhood

【 ✧ ☾⋆☼⋆☽ ✧ 】

"AS USUAL, I WAS RIGHT in thinking that you and Harry would end up together," Fleur sighed wistfully, flicking her silvery hair behind her shoulder. "I, of course, am always right, though. No surprise there."

Y/N was walking around the Burrow property with Fleur on one fine summer's day, late in the afternoon; blue birds whisked by, a light breeze cut through the stinging heat, and the trodden path they took crunched under their feet. Fleur's silver hair glinted in the sunlight, her plait swishing; Y/N's H/C hair, in a ponytail, shone bright in the sun, her E/C eyes screwed against the rays considering her forgotten sunglasses.

"Well, I didn't particularly enjoy the process," Y/N grimaced, stopping as a gnome dashed across the path before them. They continued walking, occasionally crossing the path of a cat or owl. "I mean, there must've been about three-hundred times where I could've cried all of last year when I saw him with Cho . . ."

"He had another girl?" Fleur said angrily, her French accent coming out as strong as ever as her head whipped to Y/N. Y/N's lips flattened as she kicked a rock.

"Well . . . I technically had another guy, too . . ."

"What?"

Fleur was enraged now as she sent side glares to Y/N, who shrugged at her.

"I mean, we're over it now, aren't we?" said Y/N, shifting uncomfortably under Fleur's steely gaze. "Just normal teenage things, right?"

Fleur laughed unamusedly.

"Right—normal," she said, as they turned to walk back to the Burrow. "Bill and I are normal. Harry and you, mon chéri, are not. I have never heard of even a book with you two, except maybe the six hundred letters you have already sent me since the tournament. Some that didn't include other boys and girls!"