57. Screaming for Daddy but Not In a Good Way

◄✩༄*∗"D'you honestly think You-Know-Who's going to be hiding behind a bookshelf in Flourish and Blotts?"∗*༄✩►

◄✩༄*∗ Stop and wait a sec

When you look at me like that,

my darlin', what did you expect?

I'd probably still adore you with

your hands around my neck

Or I did last time I checked ∗*༄✩►

— 505 | Arctic Monkeys

【 ✧ ☾⋆☼⋆☽ ✧ 】

THEIR HOGWARTS LETTERS AND BOOK LISTS arrived the day after Harry's birthday, and much to Y/N's excitement and pleasure, Harry had been made Quidditch Captain. She couldn't discern why, but his newfound position of power stirred a ravenous beast in her that was intent on testing his authority—and in the best way possible.

"No surprise there," Y/N said as he looked in shock at the red and gold captain badge. She grinned as she pressed a kiss to his cheek, mumbling, "It would've been odd if McGonagall hadn't given it to you, considering how long you've been on the team."

"That gives you equal status with prefects!" cried Hermione happily. "You can use our special bathroom now and everything!"

"Oh wow, guess I have to act like a commoner 'round the royals, huh?" Y/N said sarcastically, standing from the sofa and bowing deeply. "My sincere apologies for acting as though I were on equal status as the noblemen—"

"Get back here," Harry said, rolling his eyes as he tugged Y/N into his lap. He pressed a tiny kiss to the corner of her jaw, saying in her ear so that the others couldn't hear, "If you behave I might just let you join me in the prefect's bathroom, yeah?"

Y/N's eyes twinkled down at him as a mischievous smile tugged at her lips.

"I remember when Charlie wore one of these," said Ron, examining the badge with glee. "Harry, this is so cool, you're my Captain—if you let me back on the team, I suppose, ha ha. . . ."

"Well, I don't suppose we can put off a trip to Diagon Alley much longer now you've got these," sighed Mrs. Weasley, looking down Ron's booklist. "We'll go on Saturday as long as your father doesn't have to go into work again. I'm not going there without him."

"Mum, d'you honestly think You-Know-Who's going to be hiding behind a bookshelf in Flourish and Blotts?" sniggered Ron. Y/N's lip twitched as she settled against Harry and pawed at his knee, letting her hand wander an inch or two up his thigh. His grip around her waist tightened, yet it only made her want to continue further. With their audience, however, she dropped her hand back down to his knee and let it settle there.