01: Too much of being Camilo

"Y/n! Mija!" Dad called from downstairs. I sighed and rolled my eyes in irritation for I was disturbed from dancing again.

Man, when do I get to have my own privacy?  

"Coming!" I shouted back as i head downstairs. I saw mom struggling to lift a basket full of flowers. 

"Y/n, come and help your mama. Standing there won't help." dad says as he finishes putting the remaining flowers on the table. I immediately grab the basket from my mom so she wouldn't struggle too much.

"Thanks, Mija." dad said with a sweet smile. "We wouldn't have done without you" mom added before kissing my forehead.

I smiled at them both. "It's not like i have a choice though. I mean, Ines should be doing this if not for her 'allergy' on flowers." i feel like rolling my eyes at this time.

If only she would help then things won't be this hard for me. She could just at least find other helpful things to do instead of just flirting with anyone else.

"Mija, you know your sister. Now go and help your mama sell those flowers." a sigh escaped my mouth. We waved goodbye and went out of the house. 

The weather was cool. Not too hot and not too cold. I guess, Pepa's in a cool mood today. I wish she'd be like this everyday so I wouldn't burn myself from the sun.

It's not like I often go out like I want to but rather I was forced to. Mom and I have to go out everyday to sell flowers in the town. Dad would be in our garden, Cleo with the chicken and donkey at home and Ines, well, she sometimes help with the house chores but mostly out to meet boys. Especially Camillo, one of the Madrigals.

In the Madrigal family, I'm the closest with Isabella, obviously because we sell flowers and she has flower powers too. Next is Luisa, Antonio, Mirabel, Dolores, Pepa and then Camillo. Although Camillo and I aren't close, well I'm friends with his mom and dad and also Julieta, Mirabel's mom.

**

Once we reached our spot on the market, I was greeted by a jolly Antonio. Gosh, this is kid is so cute.

"Hi y/n!" he says, waving his hands. He hugged me and I hugged him back. 

"Oh, Antonio, you're here" mama hugged the little boy before she continued arranging the flowers in the stall. 

"Y/n can you please play with me? my friends aren't here yet" I looked at the boy with his puppy eyes.

"Uh, I'm sorry querido but I have to help mi mama today. Maybe we can play later?" he slowly nodded his head with a pout on his face. 

If only kidnapping isn't illegal, i could've brought him home with me.

With a heavy heart, he left with his Jaguar. I sighed and got back to my work, which helping my mom. I placed each one carefully with each of its kind. 

"Mija, I forgot something at home i have to go get it. I'll be back." mom said, i nod my head and she walked away, disappearing in the crowd.

I was sitting, busy arranging the flowers when a kid suddenly approached me by tugging my skirt. I looked at the little boy in which I was assuming is one of Antonio's friends.

He handed me a flower with a wide smile on his face. I happily accepted it and tuck it in my hair near my ear. 

"It looks good on you." I was taken aback when I heard the little boy talk but with a suspicious deep voice, like a 15 or 18 years old voice  or something.

He then cough as if clearing his throat. I knew where this is heading. I stood up and crossed my arms in my chest while raising an eyebrow at the little boy. 

"Oh, Thanks Camilo Madrigal." i said and as if on cue he got back in his normal form. I picked up the flower on my hair which he gave me earlier and threw it on his face.

"What's with the sassy attitude early in the morning, hermosa?" he said rather in a flirty way. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Will you stop calling me names? how many times do i have to remind you?" i said , irritated. 

Just then, vines started to wrap around him. "She said what she said Camilo, why are you here anyway? aren't you supposed to be doing your chores?" Isabella finally came waving her hand on me.

"I was just about to do it right after I talk with my Hermosa but then you came and wrapped me in this vine thingy." he rolls his eyes.

Isabella and I laughed at him. I'm glad Isabella came to the rescue right away.

"Hey!--" Camilo shouted when Isabella started to throw flowers at his face. "Very, funny." he says, annoyed. We both laughed at him as he began to walk out.

Too much of being Camilo.