34: Outburst

THE NEXT DAY (brought to you by: selfish entitled princess)

Y/n's POV

I sat on the ground, watching the water flowing that was in front of me. The sound of the water, the calmness of the breeze and the chirping of bird were only heard. I breathed heavily as I remember the scenario that happened here in the same spot I was sitting on.

FLASHBACK

I squeezed Camilo's hand as I look at him. "Do you have something to say?" I asked, hoping he would eventually spill everything and explain why.

"Y/n I," he let out a heavy sigh as he pulled back his hand. "I-I have to go, It's getting dark." he stands up and lend out a hand. I ignored it and stood up on my own. "Do you want me to--"

"No, it's fine. I can walk." I dusted off my skirt.

"Hermosa I don't know why you're acting like this. Is there something I said or do wrong?" he tried to grab my hand but I quickly pulled it back. 

"Should've asked yourself." I snap back. 

He widened his eyes as he let out a soft gasp. "Y/n, if you have something else to say just tell me." 

"Well, do you?" I asked back. He looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. 

"What's wrong with you?" he asked in a slightly frustrated tone.

"What's wrong with YOU? stop acting dumb. You know you did something. Figure it out yourself. I'm going home." with that, I stormed off, not letting him say another word. 

Maybe I was wrong and made a total fool out of myself. Maybe I loved him too much.

END OF FLASHBACK

A tear traced down my cheek as I hugged my knees tightly. I had been ignoring Camilo since this morning. No hugs, no kisses, no talks, no greetings, no everything. I guess I was just tired of waiting for him to realize what I meant and him eventually apologizing.

If I can't force him to tell the truth then better ignore him, right?

I buried my face on my knees and hit my head with my hand repeatedly. Dumb, Idiot, fool are the words I kept saying in my mind. 

Was it my fault?
No.

Am I an idiot?
Probably

Was it right to love him that much?
I don't know.

I huffed as I ran my hands through my hair, almost ripping them out. I didn't know ignoring him will be this difficult. I miss his cuddles so much. Ugh! I guess he'd completely taken over me. 

I hate him for making me fall over him that easily.
I hate him for making me love him so much.

But looking back, what if I didn't met him at the first place? what if I was living in another town where I didn't know about a certain shapeshifter? would I get to experience all those times when I didn't care for anything else but just pure happiness?

"Stop being so dramatic y/n." I scold myself and sniffed. "Everything will be fine" I pat my shoulder but was interrupted when I heard a sound of a tree branch breaking.

I stood up and followed where the sound was coming from. Eventually my eyes landed on Carlos who was dusting off the leaves from his ruana. I approach him and saw a cut in his wrist and hands. Was he trying to get up the tree?

"You okay?" I asked while I lightly touched his arm. He hissed in pain and pushed me aside. 

"Back off." he dryly said as he lifts up the sleeve on his now torn polo, revealing a cut on his arm. 

"Here, let me help."

"I said back off!" he shouted and widened his eyes in realization. "Lo siento." he says and looked away.

I sighed and grabbed an arepa on my pocket. "Take it." I said shortly. He looked at me before accepting it and took a bite. We both watch as the cuts and bruises disappeared.

"Thanks." he says and turned around to leave but I quickly grabbed his wrist. 

"Can we talk? just for a while." 

He pulled back. "No. Go home."

I frowned and followed him. "I need to talk to you about something."

"No." he says as he quickens his pace.

I followed from behind him, panting. "Carlos, just listen to me!" I shouted as I stopped to catch my breath. He didn't spare a glance and that's when I thought of something. "I've known about the bet, okay?!" I huffed and just as I expected, he halted.

He slowly turned around to meet my eyes. "What?"

"Stop playing dumb." I said as I walked towards him and stopped right in front of him. "That's why you were trying not to talk to me, right?" 

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Drop the act Carlos," I scoffed. "Why didn't you tell me the truth?" 

"Look, I don't know what you're talking about. Ask your boyfriend or something." he turns his back on me but I made him face me by grabbing both his shoulders harshly.

" Are you gonna tell me or not?"

"No. I won't." 

I huffed angrily. "Fine, you gave me no choice." I pushed and pinned him on a nearby tree, both hands on each side so he won't escape. He blinked mindlessly at my sudden action.

"Still no." he says and flicked my forehead with his fingers. I groaned as I rub my hand against my forehead. "Next time try to pin someone who's a bit smaller than you." he glared at me and was about to walk away but wrapped my arms around his torso, burying my face on his back.

"I heard your conversation with Camilo in the kitchen. I tried to ask him about it by giving hints but I think he didn't get it. It hurts me to see him lying, Carlos. You're his brother and I now understand why you don't wanna talk to me because you're scared you might end up telling me the truth and ruin everything, that's why you made a promise to him, right?" he hummed in reply. "Why?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why didn't you just tell me?" 

"You won't understand," he let go from my grip, his back still facing me. "I just don't want you getting hurt."

"If you don't want me getting hurt then why didn't you tell me?! you just walk off so that you won't get involved, just like the selfish guy you have always been, right?! why do you even care about me then?!--" 

"Because I FUCKING LOVE YOU Y/N!!" he snapped back. His eyes were filled with tears rushing down his face. I widened my eyes and flinched. 

"W-what?" I uttered.