06: Library

I woke up by the blazing sunlight coming from my window. I pulled my blanket over to my face and rolled over facing my back to the window, but instead I fell down on the floor. 

"Ow!" I mumbled rubbing my hands on my back. Hopefully no one heard anything.

I got up and sat back on my bed, rubbing my eyes with my hands and yawned. I did a little stretch. Then I remembered the incident that happened last night. 

Dolores told me everything about Carlos and Camilo. She didn't have any choice though because I was begging her to tell me. 

She said that they were twins and how the two are totally the opposite of each other, except that they both are troublemakers.  Carlos was the emo version of Camilo, he barely get out of his room too and when he does, he shapeshifts into someone else to steal some of Julieta's arepas or cause trouble.
He barely talks to anyone in the house and that he's like their Tio bruno who only shows up when he feels like he want to. 

And up until now my mind is still full of unanswered questions. It's like I suddenly got interested about them or mostly, him

"Gosh, Y/n, stop it!" I said as I slap my face just then the door opened and I saw Cleo staring at me, his hand on his mouth while holding his laugh. 

I glared at him. "Forget what you saw." 

"Jeez y/n, you only met like, last night and now you're obsessed." he teased leaning against the door frame crossing his arms.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not obsessed, idiot. I'm just curios about this whole twin thingy." I got up and fix my messy bed and also my messy hair.

"Well, you can ask him about it. He's waiting downstairs." 

"Who?" I asked 

"Carlos, but he's in Camilo's form because he doesn't want to scare mom and dad. He said to just keep his existence a secret for now."

"WHAT?!" I shouted and realized Dolores probably heard me. "Sorry Dolores." I whispered assuming she heard my apology. I look back at the door and Cleo was already gone.

I sighed and went to the bathroom, take a bath and then change to my every day clothes. I decided to just not tie my hair since I don't wanna hurt my hair and went downstairs only to be greeted by pairs of eyes.

I saw mom, dad, Cleo, Ines and Camilo, or should I say... Carlos at the dining table. Their eyes were on me especially Carlos who doesn't seem to blink. 

"Uh, good morning? i guess?" I spoke. They didn't respond so I just sat on the seat beside Carlos and on his right side was no other than Ines. 

"So, what brings you here?" I asked Carlos who's busy with his food. 

"Oh, right, Camilo said he wanted to hang out with you today. He said you two have to talk about something." mom says and I nodded.

"But I still have to go work first, right?" I asked mama but she shook her head.

"No. You'll be spending the rest of the day with Camilo. Don't worry, I've talked to Cleo and Ines to help me." I dropped my spoon on my plate and looked over to Carlos who gave me a wink and continued eating like nothing happened. 

If only they knew they were talking to Carlos and not Camilo.

I just sighed and didn't intend to speak any further. After we finished our meal, dad went to do his work so did mom, Cleo and Ines. But before Ines could step outside, she threw a glare at me which I just ignored anyway. 

She's just jealous.

I rolled my eyes at her and went to look at Carlos who was already looking at me. "So uh, where do you wanna go? You said you wanted to talk to me about something." 

He didn't say anything and grabbed me by the hand. The sun was already at its peak when we got outside and it kinda burns my skin. "Come on, this way." he says leading me to a place where I assume was the library.

We went inside while he was still holding my hand. He was holding my hand not too tight which made me a bit comfortable around him. 

"You like to read too?" I asked breaking the silence between us. 

"Hmm." he hummed and transformed back to himself when we reached through the bookshelves. "What do you think would I be doing all the time in my room?" he sarcastically asks.

"I don't know, maybe talk to Camilo or something?" he glanced at me when I mentioned his brother's name.

"You really don't know everything about me yet, do you?"

"Uh, nope. I've never seen you around." he chuckled which I found myself simping at. It made him look a lot hotter. 

Jeez, y/n stop it!

I blushed at the thought. "You look more cute when you blush, you know that?" he says still looking at the book in his hand. I held my face and tried to cover it with my hands.

"U-uh, hey, there's an empty seat over there. Maybe we should continue our conversation there?" I changed the subject and grab a book with me before going to the seat where I pointed earlier. 

He followed behind me and I could feel his stares at me. I sat quickly and he sat beside me. "So, uh, what are we gonna talk about? books?" I tried to joke around and laughed awkwardly.

"Tell me about yourself and I'll tell you about mine." I was stunned for a moment. Dolores never said that he was this talkative. Or maybe just because he's talking to me? was it?

Seriously, I don't know what's going on anymore.