16: That's not what I meant

Camilo's POV

Shit. I messed up so bad.

Now that Carlos knows about it, there's a possibility that he might tell her. I know he wouldn't tell it now so I still have time to gather myself and tell her the truth. 

I know she'd hate me after this but I can't lie to her anymore, it'll makes things worse. I really like her--no-- I love her, and the bet was just to prove that I wasn't joking around. 

All those things I've done, mess with her, annoy her, joke around just to see her smile and flirt with her, was my proof. She was right about me using my 'charm' to flirt with the other girls or whatever, but it was just nothing to me. They didn't make me feel the way I feel when Y/n's around.

It was a bit rare to she her genuine smile 'cause she mostly rolls her eyes, but when she does, it's like my stomach had millions of butterflies flying around. 

I like her eyes, her hair, her smell, everything about her and I--

"Earth to Camilo!" my thoughts were interrupted by her loud voice, her fingers snapping at my face. 

I shook my head, I noticed I had been staring at her. "I-I'm sorry, I dozed off. What was that again?" 

She gave me a deadpan look and rolled her eyes. I like it when she does that. "I said, I need to go home my parents might be looking for me."

"Oh," I scratched the back of my head, it became a habit. "But you just finished lunch, why don't you rest for a while, eh? I still feel the ache in my head." I pleaded with my puppy eyes but It didn't work this time, I mean it doesn't work with her just-- ugh! whatever.

"I'd love to stay Camilo but I really have to go." she says, trying to get away from my grip. I was hugging her by the waist. 

"Cleo went home earlier maybe he told your parents already? Please just stay for a bit." she looked at me in the eyes and sighed. Is this a yes?!

"No," she spoke to which made me pout. She shoved my hands away and I gently let got of her. "Look, I really need to go, I still have a lot of things to do. I'll just visit you tomorrow or another time, okay? I hope you feel better and Carlos eventually apologize to you." she says and then next comes the thing I didn't expect I'd get from her.

She slowly leaned in and kissed the part of my cheek where I got beaten up badly by Carlos. I blushed, I never felt this happy even after I got beaten to the ground. All of those seemed to disappear.

I saw her eyes widened, It seems she was shocked about her sudden movements too. "Oh, I-I'm so so sorry, I-I didn't mean to-- I was out of my mind." she looks down to the ground.

I held her chin up with my fingers to look at me, "It's fine hermosa, I-I kinda like this version of you. Maybe I should ask Carlos to beat me up again so I could have another one of that. On the lips next time, maybe?" I smirked.

"You want me to punch you on the lips so you cloud feel how much I hated you?" she asked, giving a smirk in return. 

"That's not what I meant" I said. She rolled her eyes again. 

Gosh, please stop that. I feel weak in my knees.

"Whatever. I gotta go. See you next time, chico amante." she waves her hand and completely walked away to where I was standing.

"Oooh, someone looks happy." I turned around to see mami and papa standing next to each other.

"You guys didn't saw anything, right?" they looked at each other.

"Oh, of course." papa said and paused. I sighed in relief. "We did!" they both said in unison. 

I furrowed my eyebrows. "That was supposed to be a private conversation." I crossed my arms.

"We can't help it." Mami says, forming a rainbow above her head. Whatever, she seemed happy though. "By the way, does your cheek still hurt or anywhere else?" her smile turned into a worried face in just a sec. 

"It's fine, I'm fine." I said and both of them smirked. "What?"

"I guess Y/n's kiss worked better than your tia Juliet's arepa." mami says and smiled. Papa pats my shoulder and looked at me with a serious face. I gulped for a bit worried he might be mad or something. "I guess we should expect a dozen grandchildren after all." he says and laughed teasingly.

"Papa!" I said, raising my tone a bit. They only laughed before leaving me dumbfounded.

 I only said that as a joke to annoy her that time, I didn't know they would take it seriously. 

Oh well, I guess I should ready myself for that.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N: Only a short update for now. I've been working on my other Carlos x reader story, wondering if I should publish it or not. What do you guys think?