39: Bro talk

Carlos walks off back to his home after getting back his plushie from you. Feeling embarrassed about it. The front door opens by itself and he was greeted by a now relaxed Pepa. "Carlos, where have you been?" 

"Uh, just out Mami. Had to catch some air outside. Why? do you feel sick? is everything alright? do you need something? have you found Camilo? Is he not home yet?" he asks, one question after another. 

The auburn-haired woman chuckled as she cupped her son's face. "Everything's alright now, so you don't have to worry about me. And uh, yes, Camilo is upstairs. Maybe you can go and talk to him, he seems gloomy since uh, you know about him and y/n." 

"Let me guess, Dolores told you?" 

"Well, I asked your hermana if there's something wrong between the two and she told me that they had a...misunderstanding, about something." Carlos hums and nods his head. 

"I'll go and try talk to him." Pepa nodded and kissed his forehead. "Mami, you don't have to do that." 

"But why? it's good to see my baby boy is finally getting along with his brother." she smiled and a rainbow formed above her head. 

"I'm not a baby." he huffed as he fixes his ruana and his polo.

"But you still are, to me."

He let out a loud sigh. "Whatever, just--just don't call me that in public." he uttered, being flustered, thinking maybe what you said about him being 'soft' was right.

"Alright , corazon, whatever you say." the elder woman chuckles and went off out of the magical house. Carlos remained at his spot for a while. Overthinking about him actually beginning to show his 'soft side'.

"Stupendous." he mumbles to himself as he shrug off his thoughts away and went upstairs to his room. 

The glowing door slammed open and there he saw Camilo, sitting on his bed hugging his knees, his face buried in them and he sobbed quietly. Carlos closes the door behind him, his face softened as he approached his sobbing twin. 

He sat down crouching beside him and cleared his throat to which caught the other shapeshifter's attention. Camilo stopped sobbing and stared at his brother beside him who was avoiding eye contact while fidgeting his fingers. 

"You okay?" Carlos asked, he looked stunned for a moment before wiping off his tears. 

"Yes-- I mean, no. I just--" 

"You miss her, don't you?" he cuts him off. Camilo nod his head as he stared at his ruana. It was the one he was wearing when he came over to your house when you were sick, saying he would never wash it again after your scent was in there too. And so he didn't wash it. (such a simp 😌)

"I wish I could turn back time where I used to follow her around and try my best just to make her smile, the time when I was just staring at her lovingly from afar."

"Aren't you happy that you're together now?"

"Yes, I am but... I hurt her feelings, and I don't know if I would ever see her smiling again or would she forgive me after what I did." he looks down as tears began to form on his eyes again.

Carlos pats his shoulder. "I'm sure she'll forgive you, she just needs time."

"How are you so sure about that when you literally started ignoring her?" 

"Well, to tell you the truth. We're actually in good terms now. I just talked to her earlier." he stated.

Camilo blinked mindlessly and gave him a confused look. "You two are meeting each other?"

"Uh, yeah."

"You were hitting on my girl?" 

"Wait--no! you don't understand. It's not like that, I was just trying my best to comfort her by talking to her. You know, as her friend or brother-in-law or whatever." 

Camilo raises a brow hearing his words. "Brother-in-law?" 

Carlos nods his head. "Yeah, I mean, after all these misunderstanding. You're gonna grow up together and then get married and have kids and then I'm gonna be an uncle just like Tio Bruno." Camilo looks at him even more confused by his sudden change of personality. "Oh, uhm, I'm sorry. Did I said too much?" 

 "Uh.......... no. Not that much, I think...? But why are you saying this to me? I thought you like her too."

Carlos hums and pursed his lips. "Yes, I do. But uhm... I guess I just have to live that way." 

"So, you're letting go all of your feelings for her?"

"I mean, yeah she is happy with you. I think it's for the best." he smiled. But behind that smile he wanna beat the shit out of him so badly. 

(A/N: Nah, just joking, I'm not letting that happen again.)

"Thanks." Camilo uttered. Carlos stood up and lend out a hand to help him up but Camilo pulls him into a hug instead. Carlos widened his eyes, stunned, but soon ended up hugging back his brother. Lightly tapping his back to hush him down when he started sobbing again. 

"Jeez, you're such a cry baby." 

"Shut up, never thought you know how to hug back."

"Do I look like I have a choice?"

"You're just saying that because you don't wanna admit that you're being a softie."

"I'm not a softie."

"I think you meant you weren't, but now you are."

"Bro just stop talking before I shove your face to the floor." 

"I know you won't do that."

"I said shut up!"

"Okay okay, I love you." Camilo looks up at him.

"Bro do I have to say it back?"

"Of course, but I won't force you though."

Carlos huffed as he rolled his eyes. "Fine, I love you too." 

Camilo's eyes lit up. "¡Felicidades! you're officially a softie!" he announced, smiling from ear to ear.

"I said I'm not!" Carlos retorted as he head off to his room slamming the door shut. Feeling annoyed but then eventually melted into a smile.