26: Cat got your tongue?

Y/n's POV

"Carlos?" 

I look up to the person and in a split second I was looking at Bruno with a creepy grin plastered on his face. I got scared so I punched him on the nose.

He grunted and the second I knew I was standing in front of Carlos who's holding the bridge of his nose. I gasped when I saw blood starting to ran down. "Oh god, Carlos! I'm so so sorry. I-I didn't mean to." 

I rushed back to the kitchen in panic and grabbed an arepa then shoved it in his mouth. 

Y/n, what did you do now?! I mean, it was his fault after all for scaring me and almost choking me to death that other night so he kinda deserved it.

"God, Y/n have you been working out these past few days? I think I broke my nose." he groaned while still holding his nose bridge. 

"No, and it isn't exactly my fault. You scared me to death!"

"Well, that doesn't give you the reason to beat my nose!" he shouted back but it was a bit lower so that we won't wake up anyone.

He continued massaging the bridge of his nose, one hand on his hip. I put both my hands behind me and stared at him, dozing off for a while. Is it me or did he got a bit taller? maybe I'm just hallucinating.

He glanced back and looked at me up and down. His eyes quickly looked away, then I realized what I was wearing. I looked around to find something maybe a shawl to wrap myself up but then he took off his ruana and handed it to me. Now he was covering his eyes. 

I looked at his ruana on my hands and gave him a confused look. "J-just, wear it for the mean time. I don't like seeing you in those shorts and crop top." he says and turned to the side. 

"Uhm, okay...?" I slid on the ruana hesitantly and dusted it a bit. To my shock I kinda like its soft fabric touching my skin. He sighs before looking back to my direction. 

He looked even more fine with just his polo on. "I think my eyes are up here." he spoke and I realized I was looking at his slightly unbuttoned shirt that was revealing his chest. 

I gulped and let out an awkward laugh. "I'm sorry, what are you doing here again?"

"Uh, I live here?" he said in a sarcastic tone. 

"Oh, right." I scratched the back of my head.

"What brings you here?" he asked.

" I'm here to spend the night." I responded and he nods his head. There was just silence for a moment, only the sound of wind and crickets can be heard.

"Hey, uh, about the incident that night," he paused for a sec. "I uh, I apologize and I understand if you can't forgive me. I won't forgive me either." he looked down to the ground.  

"It's cute though." I smiled.

His head quickly looked up to me. "What?"  

"I was talking about the butterfly plushie you gave me and... the note." 

"Oh," he looks away. "You read it?" 

"Uhm, yeah, if I didn't I would've assumed it was from Camilo. Thanks anyways. You're a good friend Carlos." I hugged him tightly. 

"I am?" he asks and I nodded my head, not breaking the hug. Man, I swear I could hear his heartbeat getting faster. He slowly hugs back. "I-I think you should go get back to sleep. Camilo won't be happy to see you with me." he lightly pushes me to back away.

"I thought you guys were in good terms now?" 

"Yes, we are. I just don't wanna ruin things." 

"What do you mean?" 

He sighs heavily. "You wouldn't understand, just-- just get back to sleep."

"No, Carlos tell me what's going on. Are you guys trying to hide something from me?" I said, sounding more offended. 

"Y/n, I'm trying my best keeping my promise to shut my mouth and avoid getting involved with your relationship with Camilo. I'm trying my best to be a better brother and a friend. Why can't you understand that?" a tear started to form in his eyes but he managed to stop it. He huffed and put both hands back on his pocket.  

"I--" "Probably the best if we never speak again." saying that, he left.

I was stunned, everything escalated quickly. What did he mean about his promise to keep his mouth shut? I thought we could still be friends even though I'm with his brother.

Carlos' POV

I left leaving y/n behind. I don't even care if she still have my ruana on, I just wanted to get away from the tension. Gladly I stopped myself from crying in front of her. 

That was close, if I snapped back I could've told her about the bet. Camilo made me promise to keep it a secret. I thought it might set things right so I agreed. 

He's happy with her and she feels the same way.

Shouldn't I suppose to let go?

Y/n's POV

I went back upstairs and left Carlos' ruana on the handle of the door in his room before going back to Mirabel's room. As I quietly closed the door and turned around, I saw Camilo sitting on the edge of the bed with his eyes closed. 

"Hermosa, is that you? where did you go?" he mumbled. I chuckled and shook my head. I went to him and helped him lay back down. After that, I laid right next to him. 

His head on my chest, both arms hugging my waist and one leg over mine. "Did you snuck out in the kitchen without me?" he asked with his sleepy voice.

"Hmm, I got thirsty to I went down to grab some water. Why? are you hungry?" 

"Nope, just sleepy. I just woke up and then you were gone. I had this dream that you ran away with Isabela and I thought maybe you did." 

"What? she's literally getting married to my brother."

"I know right, stupid dream." I saw his face turned into a frown. 

"You should get back to sleep." 

"I don't want to."

"Why?"

"Because I might have the same dream again." 

"I promise you it won't happen again, now go to sleep." 

"Not until I get a kiss first." 

"Fine, then stay awake until the morning." 

"Come on, just one." he whined and sat straight. His eyes were now wide open. 

"Promise me you'll get back to sleep and won't ask me any questions after this?" 

He nods his head and raised a hand as if taking an oath. "Promise."

I sat straight, held his chin and pulled his face close to me. Slowly getting closer and closer by every second, I saw him closing his eyes waiting. 

I smirked and stopped then started laughing. "Not gonna happen pretty boy." he opens his eyes and crossed his arms. 

"Stop being such a tease." he frowned and rolled his eyes.

I continued silently laughing so I wouldn't wake up Mirabel who's still asleep on the other bed. Just then Camilo pinned me on the bed. I wasn't able to move 'cause he was holding both of my hands on each side. 

We stared at each other eyes before he leaned in and quickly pecked my lips.  "What's wrong amor? cat got your tongue?" he smirks.

Great heavens, please help me.