18: Dark alleyway

Y/n's POV

I left the Casita with a smile plastered on my face. I look like a total idiot smiling from ear to ear. I just couldn't help it, I guess Camilo had taken over me successfully.

While smiling endlessly, I walked through the lonely streets of the town. Only the streetlights, moon and stars were the sources of light. But I wasn't scared cause my mind had been full of Camilo's words. 

I was walking happily when I suddenly heard quiet sobs coming from a dark alleyway. I narrowed my eyes only to see a man's silhouette, his back was facing me. My knees starts to tremble but I continued getting closer to it anyway. 

As I got closer, I noticed that he was wearing a dark red ruana. I sighed and slowly tapped his shoulder. "Carlos?" he turned around and almost smacked me in the face.

His panicked face turns into a relaxed one when he saw it was just me. "Y-y/n? what are you doing here?" he asks, hurriedly wiping off some of his tears.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him back, returning his question. 

"Just... chillin...?"

I nod my head but still wasn't satisfied with his answer. "And...uh, are you crying?" he looks at me shortly and looked away.

"No! a bug just caught my eyes." he says rather defensive. "Anyways you should probably go home, it's getting late." he turns me around and gently pushed me away from him. 

He had been acting weird and it's nothing like the usual Carlos at all. Maybe I should take this as a chance to talk to him about the incident.

I breath in a lot of air before turning around to see him walking away. "Carlos," I called and he immediately halted. His back was still facing me with both hands inside his pocket. I cleared my throat. "Can I talk to you about something for a minute?" 

"If this is about the fight between me and Camilo, I suggest you better go home 'cause you're not getting any answers from me." His voice was now in his usual deep and serious mode. He began to walk again.

"then can you at least tell me why?" I asked, suddenly speed-walking trying to catch up with him. 

"I said what I've said y/n, now go home while I'm still asking nicely." I heard him flick his tongue. 

"I'm not going home until you talk to me. I'm trying my best here to fix your relationship with your brother. I breaks me to see Camilo getting hurt. So please tell me, why did you do that? why? why did--" I hadn't finish my sentence when he cuts me off.

"I SAID SHUT UP!" he shouted lifting his hand in attempt to slap me but he pulls it away. "Ugh! I can't even get myself to slap you." he mumbled but I was able to hear it. He suddenly pins me to the wall, his face was just a few inches away from mine. 

His eyes were burning with anger as he looks at me. "Listen closely y/n," he whispered to my ear and I could feel his hot breath sending shivers all over my body. My heartbeat raced, I was scared, I hate him being like this to me. 

"I'll tell you what, the next time I hear another word from you I won't hesitate to slap you across the face. I think you're old enough to understand that. So you better shut your mouth before I do something that you won't like. You understand?" he says, his hand now holding my neck. 

I whimpered as I feel his nails digging through my neck. I slowly nodded.

"Say it!" he demanded. 

I gulped down my own saliva. "Y-yes." that was all I could say before he let go of me. I was catching my breath putting a hand on my chest, panting hardly. I heard him scoff.

"Perra." he says before turning around and walk away. I watched him as he slowly disappeared in the dark. The tears that had been stuck in my eyes had came streaming down to my cheeks.

**

Carlos POV

I've never been so messed up like this before. Sure it hurts to see my family trying to ignore my whole existence for the past few years but damn, when I looked at her earlier, all I see was fear in her eyes. 

I didn't mean to scare her like that, it's just that I was so mad when she tried to talk me about Camilo. She cared for him but she didn't care for me, she didn't even try to ask if I was okay or something. I hate her! I hate this stupid feeling!

"Fuck it!" I mumbled as I punch one of the mirrors hanging on the wall. The sound of it breaking and being shattered into tiny pieces somehow made me feel better. 

I laid on my bed my left arm resting on my forehead while I look at my right hand as it started to bleed. I stood up and search for something to wrap around my hand in my drawer. I saw an old shirt and started to rip it as I wrap it around my hand carefully.

"Shit" I whimpered under my breath, trying my best to stay quiet. When I finished tying it all together, I laid back in my bed and closed my eyes. 

I wanted to sleep but my mind keeps on flashing y/n's face. I let out a loud breath and sat straight, my face against the wall as I start to bump my head into it over and over again until I feel myself getting sleepy.