36: Personal space

You stood there still as you locked eyes with Carlos. He was just standing in front of you with a wide smile on his face. Not having any clue on what he was smiling about. 

You froze as he leans in and you felt a soft kiss landing on your cheek. He immediately backed away and looked somewhere else, slightly embarrassed about what he just did. 

"I-It was nice talking to you," he uttered as he slowly made eye contact. You nod your head mindlessly. "And uh, don't be too hard on Camilo. He is quiet sensitive, especially when it comes to you." 

"Y-yeah, h-he is." you quickly moved your hand to your mouth, realizing you were stuttering. You mentally facepalmed.

"I-I better go," he pointed out, "Bye!" he turns around as he began walking but halted and turned his head. A sweet smile plastered on his face while he waved his hand before walking away, almost skipping.

Your eyes blinked for a few times, lips slightly parted as you stared at his figure slowly disappearing from your vision. The scene that happened just a few seconds ago rewind on your mind, your hands reached to your cheek. You start to pinch yourself in the thought that you might be dreaming.

"Did he hit his head when he fell down from the tree?" you asked yourself.

A FEW MOMENTS LATER (brought to you by: dead goldfish)

After gathering yourself up, you began walking your way home. Your mind was floating around as you walk not even realizing you were walking towards a pole of a street light. Clang. You hit your head making you go back to reality.

A few whispers were heard from a group of girls that was giving glances at you from the corner. You were not sure what they were saying but it was obvious they were talking about you, remembering how you just hit your head a few seconds ago. 

You rolled your eyes and shrug it off. Taking heavy stomps as you take a turn, you eventually stopped upon seeing someone standing infront of your house's front door.

Camilo. You panicked as his eyes met yours. "Y/n!" he says as he went over your direction. You tried to walk a different path but wasn't able to when he held your wrist. "Please, let me explain." his eyes were looking at you as if begging for you to stay.

You huffed and pulled back your wrist from his grip. "3 minutes, you have 3 minutes to explain." his eyes lightened just by hearing your voice.

He clears his throat. "Amor, please forgive me. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I made up that bet to prove myself that I'm serious about you, and I regret it. I didn't mean to upset you. I was actually going to tell you about it but I--" he paused for a moment as he looked down at the ground. 

"You what?"

"I-I was scared that you might hate me." he rubs his hand on his elbow.

"Well I guess I just did." you said, his eyes look up as tears started to form. "If you wanna prove yourself to me you could've done it without putting a bet on me. Not just that but you lied to me about it, acting as if you didn't know what you've done." 

"Hermosa I--" "It's Y/n for you." you gripped your skirt tightly, to stop any tears from falling. 

He looks at you with wide eyes and disbelief. "Y-you're breaking up with me?" he asks is between his light sobs. 

"No Camilo, It's just," a heavy sighed escaped your mouth. "I just need some personal space, to clear off my mind." 

He slowly nods his head and sniffed while wiping off his own tears. You've never seen him so down before. "I-I respect your decision." he uttered and kissed your forehead. 

That was it, you can't take it anymore. You sprinted inside your house closing the door behind you. The tears that you've been keeping in, rushed down to your cheeks. You went up to your room and locked the door, blocking everyone out that might decided to come in.

You rolled over your bed, hugging a pillow tightly to lower down your sobbing. The shapeshifter's hurt image, kept lingering on your mind. Just then your heard a light tap on your window. 

You sat up and saw a flower (whatever your fav. flower is)  and a note along with it. You stood up and went over the window to grab it, looking down to see if the person was still there but failed. You closed the window and sat on the edge of your bed. 

Sniffing the flower before opening the note. 

                     I'll wait for you no matter what :)
                                                                                               -Camilo

A smile plastered on your face. Remembering what Carlos said. 'I know he'll do everything to fix your relationship.' 

He was right, you thought to yourself.

Camilo's POV

After Y/n went inside their house, leaving me completely heartbroken. I made a note and went over to where her window was. I grabbed a ladder from one of the townfolks' backyard and climb up.

I saw her laying on her bed, her back was facing me. I miss her already. This was all my fault, I was an idiot. I placed the note with the flower and hurriedly climb down. After returning the ladder I went back and threw a pebble on her window and hid behind the bushes. Hoping she would take it.

Carlos' POV

I went back home, skipping, after the whole confession thingy. I felt so much better. Dolores was right about letting it all out. The front door opened and I quickly head up to my room. 

Not a minute later, I heard a knock on my door. I stood up to open it, only to see Dolores with a proud smile. "I thought you were bringing it along with you to your grave." she says. 

I rolled my eyes and hugged her tightly. she seemed to be shocked but she ended up hugging me back. "You feel any better now?" 

"Hmm, I hummed in reply and broke the hug. "Of course it was still a bit painful, since you know, she loves Camilo. But uh, I think I can manage." 

"You sure about that though?" 

I nod my head. "Just need some time alone and move on."

"Aw. Don't worry, I'll find someone for you." she teased, wiggling her eyebrows up and down.

"Do that and I'll shapeshift into you and dump Mariano." I warned. She smacked my head and I chuckled evily. 

"Do that and I'll tell everyone how you fell off the tree."

"How did you know that?"

"Well, except for my super-hearing, Antonio told me so. Luna must be laughing right now." she laughs mockingly. Now I have one reason to hate cats.