12: Shiny floor

Camilo's POV

I was leaning my head against the headboard of my bed, Carlos's words keep echoing in my mind. I ran a hand through my hair and closed my eyes trying to get back to sleep. It's literally 3:15 in the morning and here I am awake.

I sighed and stared at the ceiling. 'I'd do what it takes to steal her away from you. So I suggest you think of the consequences before you decide to play such foolish games.' his voice echoed in my mind.

What did mean by that?
Did he know about the bet?
Was he really gonna steal y/n away from me? 

I know Carlos isn't the type to joke around and say those things for nothing. Maybe I should ask Dolores or Mirabel about it.

I sighed and stood up, making my way downstairs to the kitchen to get some food, overthinking just makes me hungry. I walked quietly hoping I wouldn't wake up everyone.

"He's coming." I heard a voice coming from the kitchen. When I arrived there, I saw Dolores and Mirabel, they looked at me not making a face. It was normal for them to see me sneaking in the kitchen around this time.

"What were you two talking about?" I asked and sat beside Dolores, holding an arepa on my hand. 

"Camilo," Mirabel spoke and looked at Dolores. She seemed to know something.

"I heard your conversation with Carlos," Dolores says as she put both hands on the table. I gulped down the arepa I was eating and turned my head to see her worried face. "Do you think he knows about the bet?" she asked.

I looked down, fidgeting my fingers. "I...I don't know." I was about to ask her the same question but she also doesn't have any ideas. 

I felt nervous at the moment. If he somehow knew about it then it would be the end of me. He would tell y/n and she'd hate me, I don't want that to happen.

"I think we should stop it here." Dolores says which made me look back at her.

Y/N's POV

I was just getting myself ready to do my job like I do everyday just then I hear mom yelling my name all of a sudden. "Y/n?? Mija??" she cries out and I ran to her with a worried face. 

I swung my door open. "What? why? what happened?" I ran downstairs out of panic and skipped a step which made me fall and land on my face. 

"Ugh," I groaned while rubbing a hand on my head.

"Oh Dios mio, Mija are you alright?" mom asked as she held out a hand and help me get back on my feet again. 

"Uh, I guess so?"  I replied, dusting myself. "Why were you yelling out my name so sudden by the way?"

"Oh, about that, can you please help your brother to the madrigals? he got stung by a bunch of bees on the face." she says and let out a soft chuckle.

I give her a deadpan look. "Seriously?" I raised a brow and crossed my arms across my chest. She gave me a pleasing look and I had nothing to do but just nod my head. "Fine, where is he?" I was just about to walk away but then mom called me again. 

"Mi vida, uh you might wanna check your skirt first." she says pointing out my obviously ripped skirt. I let out a gasp, this day just started in the most worst way. "I guess you can ask Mirabel to fix it up for you."

"Hmm," I hummed. "I really need to be going now, where's Cleo again?"

"He's already waiting outside." I nod and bid my goodbye to mom. As I opened the front door, I saw Cleo and wanted to burst out laughing just by looking at his face. He looks at me annoyed, I opened my mouth and was about to say something but he cut me off before I could.

"Don't. you. ever." he says in a warning tone. I just shrug my shoulder at him, fighting the urge to roll over the floor from laughing.

I didn't say another word and we started to head to Casita. "What happened with that?" he says looking down at my skirt.

"Oh, I tripped down the stairs earlier and accidentally ripped it." I said, mentally facepalming as I remember the incident. "What happened to you? you look... more awful than the usual." 

I looked at his face, his ears and nose seemed as if they were inflated, I suddenly remembered Agustin, Mirabel's dad. He also had the same accident, as Mirabel said, he's accident-prone.

**

Once we arrived at the magical house, the door was already open and we were welcomed by Dolores and Isabela who seemed shocked to see Cleo's state.

"Wha- what h-happened to him?" Isabela asks holding her mouth trying not to laugh. I always knew this woman liked my brother for like I don't know how long.

"It's a... long story." he said shyly, scratching the back of his head, slightly blushing. Gosh, these two be liking each other and still trying to not be so obvious about it.

"Y/n I heard you ripped your skirt, come on I'll take you to Mirabel. Isabela, you can escort Cleo." Dolores says making the two look at each other. 

"Why me??" Isabela whined. Dolores just laughed and grabbed me by the hand, ignoring Isabela's question leaving her with my brother.

Dolores then nudged my shoulder as we walked upstairs. "I know they like each other." she says and we both laughed before heading to Mirabel's room in the nursery.

I was about to knock on the door but it just opened and we were greeted by Mirabel. "Y/n, you've arrived!" she pull me in for a hug and I hugged her back. "Come on, let's get that skirt all fixed."

"I'll be leaving now, I still have chores to do, bye." Dolores says before Mirabel pulls me inside her room and shut the door behind her. 

"Here, you can wear this while I fix up your skirt." she handed me some shorts and I went to the bathroom to change. I went out and handed her my skirt as I sat on her bed.

"It's been a long time since I visited your room." I spoke in which she hummed in reply.

"I know right, I missed having sleepovers." 

"Me too."

It took a few seconds for her to speak again. "Oh, I know! why don't you spend the night here?" she asks in an excited tone. My eyes brightened at her idea. "We can invite Isa, Dolores and Luisa to join us." she added.

"Should I bring Ines and Cleo with me too?" 

"Sure! the more the merrier!" she exclaimed throwing a hand into the air and continued fixing my skirt, just then we heard the door creaked open.

"I just felt betrayed." a voice caught both our attention, we turned our heads to the door to see Camilo, leaning against the door frame crossing his arms.

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want now, Camilo?" Mirabel asks in a slightly annoyed tone.

"Seriously, you wouldn't want to invite me to your sleep over?" he says walking over towards me and then halted. I saw him blush a bit and followed his gaze, he was looking at my legs. 

Right, I'm wearing shorts.

I quickly pulled over a blanket to cover it. "It's rude to stare you know?"  

He looked at me, flustered. "I-I wasn't staring at your legs, I was... looking at the floor! yeah, the floor looks shiny, he he." he scratches the back of his head and turned around. "I-I better go. I thought I heard mami calling me, bye!" and with that, he banished into thin air.

Mirabel laughed and I shook my head. "I've never seen him interested about a floor before." she teases and handed me back my skirt. 

I let out a soft chuckle and put my skirt back on. "He is your primo." I said sarcastically. "Thanks for fixing my skirt, it looked more neat than ever." I handed back her shorts to her but instead she gave it back to me.

"You know what? you can keep it. I think it suits you more, jst by judging Camilo's reaction." she gave me a teasing look and I rolled my eyes acting annoyed. But I was blushing deep down.