Positive step

"What the hell is all this?" Jia asked with a frown as she entered the library, where I had set up all the gadgets, believing that no one visited the library.

"The solution" I replied, connecting all the wires to the devices

"Solution? It looks like a whole mess of a problem." She said, looking around.

"If you say so. Can you please bring Aroha here?" That made her stare at me. I know no one wants to deal with my mate.

"I will try." She went away saying that.

"Who was she?" My friend Nathan asked. He is here to help me, and all these gadgets belong to him. He was my senior in high school, and now he is in college. We were part of the same club and become good friends. He was called the gadget man. Nathan was your typical geek guy with spectacles and loads of intelligence. I know bringing a human into our territory is risky, but I had to put up with the idea.

"My...my sister-in-law," I told him

"She called my gadgets a problem." It disheartened him a bit.

"Ummm..."

"What is this shit?" Bro came in and scoffed, looking around.

"Hey, man. This ain't no shit, ok." Nat hollered.

"One more human in my territory without my consent." Alpha Richard glared at me. Soon all my friends came too.

"What is all this crap?" Dylan snored!

"Hey hey hey, what is the problem with you people? Are you illiterates? This place is full of weirdos." Nathan outraged.

"Nat..." I tried to calm him. He better not shout at the Alpha.

"They are calling my invention shit and crap and..and a problem." He grunted.

"Chill buddy. Who are you?" Dalton asked, sniffing him.

"I am Vinci's mate" Nat nested, and I facepalmed myself.

"WHAT?" There was a chorus around that made Nat flinch. He had this unbelievable expression on his face.

"SCHOOL MATE!" I clarified.

"Oh! I thought..."

"You don't give your brain much trouble," I told Dal, shaking my head

"Do you care to explain what is all this and what are you planning on?" I huffed at bro's sarcasm.

"Okay, let me explain. This is The human analyzer invented by my friend here, Nathan. He is head of our Technology club. He invented this device that helps to get the details of human origins and their characteristics based on their DNA structure. In simple language, we will scan Aroha and the computer over here will give all her details. Like her age, her origin, her health statistics..."

"Seriously, can this thing do that?" Alpha asked curiously.

"Yes, and we also have a translator device, again invented by our dear friend Nathan." I tried to boost Nat's confidence.

"Impressive. So what are we waiting for?" I know Bro had his full interest now.

"We are waiting for Aroha" I mumbled. I hope she cooperates.

"Waiho mai ki a au ngā taniwha" My mate is here.

(Leave me you monsters)

"Purua ahau ki tēnei wā don't"

(Put me down right now) an uproar reached us before I saw two warriors bringing my mate dangling and withering between them. The sight made me growl. Jia soon followed behind. I questioned her with my eyes, to which she shrugged.

This is going to be very difficult.

I told Nat to record her sound, so we could fetch the language through the internet and then help us translate.

I motioned those warriors to place Aroha on a chair in front of the scanner. They were having a difficult time doing so. My mate was not ready to comply.

"Did you get the language?" I inquired Nat, who was monitoring the results.

"Not yet"

"Tīkina ahau ki konei. Māku koe katoa e whakamate"

(Get me out of here. I will kill you all)

"Got it" Nat boomed, clapping his hands.

"Great, put on the translator."

"Done."

"Aroha calm down, we won't hurt you" I spoke in English but soon a computerized voice spoke behind me. Stunning everyone, even Aroha who was shocked.

"Aroha, marino, e kore mātou e mamae i a koe"

"Me pēhea tēnei e kōrero ai i taku reo" she pointed towards the speaker as if scared of it.

(How can this speak my language? )

Again a computerized voice told us what she spoke. Aroha gasped, But I was so happy. Now I can communicate with my mate and know her better. I had so many questions for her and I was getting impatient to get all the answers. At least we had taken a positive step in our relationship.

"Ka taea e koe te tuku atu i a au ki konei ināianei. E hiahia ana ahau ki te haere ki taku iwi, ki taku whānau. Ko te tikanga kia tatari rātau ki a au. He aha koe i kawe mai ai i a au ki konei"

She said in a stressed voice, understanding what we were trying to do. She too wanted us to understand her.

"Can you let me go from here now. I want to go to my people, my family. They must be waiting for me. Why did you bring me here?"

Her people? Her family. She wants to go...but how can I let her leave? She is my family, my life, my mate. The one that is made for me, just for me.

"Hey Vinci, I have all the details" Nat interjected my thoughts. As Aroha was busy in getting out of shock, Nat had scanned her face to get her details.

-------------

Hey everyone, I hope you like this chapter. All the device and gadgets mentioned are just my imagination. I don't know if such things exist or not.

Do let me know your thoughts on the same.

Vote comment and please follow me if you enjoy reading my stories.