Excuse me!

We were 10 of us, including Aroha. She was sitting on the passenger seat, giving directions, while Jake was driving. Me, Alpha and Owen (Beta of Southern Moon Pack) were sitting at the backside. One more SUV was behind us which had Dylan, Wayne, Rick, our best tracker. Susan, she is daughter of our former head warrior and last Hunter. We were going towards the spot from where we had 'kidnapped' – her words not mine' Aroha. From there she will take us to the abandoned building where all the girls are being kept. She had already briefed us about the area and number of men we would encounter. As per her, it was a one-story structure with front and back entrance, each guarded by an armed person. Roof had two guys again armed and four to five men inside monitoring the girls. So, in total not more than 9 to 10 humans who can be taken by a single werewolf but…but we will be fighting them as humans no one by any chance can transform in front of them. Those were the strict instructions from the Alpha.

During the whole ride, I was lost in my thoughts about what Aloha said before leaving.

"Let's get this done so that I can go back to my people and never have to see your face again"

It hit me like a brick. Sh… She will go away after this…once her mission is over, she will be back with her people and then?..what about us? WHAT ABOUT US! How do I convince her that she is my life and I can't survive without her. That her being away from me would kill me slowly. How do I convince my human mate that I am already in love with her after just one week of knowing each other...hah! In fact I love her in spite not knowing anything about her at all… I just don't know what to do about it.

Al whined in my head.

'We should just mark her and never let her go, what's to think so much in this." He said.

'Al please, let me handle it my way' I rolled my eyes at his pathetic suggestion

'Your way! And what is your way? Please enlighten me.' He scoffed.

'I will figure out something.' He snorted and kept quiet. I don't want to force mark her. Never.

"I just hope we are not late!" An electronic voice reached me. She was getting anxious with each passing moment, and I was more worried about aftermath. We will definitely rescue those girls, so it was not of my concern. We had the best team and even though any number of humans is no match to 9 trained warriors, werewolves.

"KA MUTU TE WHAKATŪ.  Me tū tātau ki konei." Aroha yelled

("STOP STOP.  We need to stop here.")

Jake pressed the break immediately, making all of us jerk forward. Aroha had made the car stop on a small, dirty path. Where were we? I didn't even notice where we were heading.

"The structure is just around this corner" she said pointing towards the curve on the path and I translated for others

'Whose territory is this?' I asked Bro through mind link.

'We are in the human part of the forest.' He told me. All of us got down silently. Rest of Others got down too from their car.

"We will walk towards the spot in groups so that we don't attract their attention. I want everyone to be careful about, you know what. Got it?" Alpha instructed, and We all nodded in response.

"Ok then, Rick, Jake, and Susan you all go first and don't reveal yourself.”

“Yes Alpha” they said in unison and went away holding out their guns

Bro glared at their backs, clenching his jaws.

'No one fucking calls me Alpha, get that clear in your heads.' He busted through our group mind link.

"Owen, Dylan, and Wayne, you go next."

They nodded and went away.

"Ok that leaves Me, Vinci, Aroha, and Hunter. We go next." He said getting his gun out.

"She is not coming. It's not safe." I stated pointing towards Aloha who was ready with knife in her hand.

"Excuse me" she snapped after a few seconds

"You will stay in the car until we get back" I warned her.

"Who are you to decide that, and I will be safe in this vehicle?" She grunted with flaring her nostrils. 

"It's a bulletproof car, you will be safe in it. I am not discussing it anymore. You will stay here." I whisper yelled at her. Can't she understand. She wants to fight those criminals with just a knife!

"Are you insane by any chance. Who are you to give me commands." She closed her eyes for a second, gritting her teeth and yelled at me.

"I am your  Mat..." I snarled but was cut by Alpha.

"Alright there. Stop it both of you. Let her come Vinci." Bro Declared.

"But..." I wanted to argue but then gave up as Al told me to keep mate with us.
"Fine...but stay close to me" I told her.

She stomped and started moving ahead of us. As we rounded the corner, we saw a ruined one-story structure. It was easy to hide as we were surrounded by tall dry grass, stooping a bit we moved forward.

“Richard” Rick whispered through mind link. We halted on the spot. I took hold of Aroha's arm to make her stop. She frowned her brows at me.

"There are around 25 humans in here, and they are moving everything out. I think they are evacuating. There are huge trailer at the back entrance." He explained.

"25. Aroha said there won't be more than 10." I asked. This is not good.

"One more thing. We are inside the building and there are no girls in here. It's empty."

___________

Hey everyone.

Sorry for the late update.

Requesting my readers to please give some feedback on the story so far. It will motivate me to update faster.

I genuinely need to know if the story is exciting or not. Please do comment.