Missing her.

Two years later

Vincent 's pov

Two years, two fcuking freaking years, 720 days, has passed and don't expect me to say that they passed away in a Jiffy, because they didn't. I have died every second of it as it passed. You can never imagine what it feels to be away from your mate for 2 years. I wanted to burn that camp down so many times. Even, I had tried to escape from there, these dogs guard it so well. There were two more future Alphas, Kadan and Lucas. They too had just met their mates and had to come here leaving them alone. We have become thick friends, rebels in the eyes of authorities. Hah we made their life hell. We used to trouble them so much thinking they would kick us out but it never happened. And here we are after finishing our training all set to head home and meet our mates.

Aroha…I have been literally breathing her in me. Not a moment passed when she was not in my mind. Finally I will meet her. I want to kiss her and love her, mate her just take in her fragrance and fill myself with it. I will hug her so tight and won't leave for days, no months…yes

“Hey buddy you leaving?” Kaden asked, coming with his luggage.

“Yes, finally.” I replied loading my luggage in the trunk of my care

“Hope to see you again Vincent” Lucas patted my back

“Ya of course, you both will receive an official invitation to my ceremony.” I bro hugged them

“Sure buddy.” They said going towards their vehicles.

I remember the day two years back so clearly.

Flashback.

I went to Aroha 's tribe the next day and asked around for her. People there guide me to a newly built house. It was very beautifully decorated. I wondered who it belonged to. Debating whether to go in or wait in front of the doorway I saw Aroha coming outside. She saw me and squinted her eyes in anger. I knew I would face her anger as I went away yesterday without meeting or even informing her. She started walking inside and I followed her. I need to be calm today.

“Aroha” I called her twice but she pretended to not listen and went inside a room where she started arranging clothes in the niche formed on the wall for storage. Is this her house? I glanced around but it was a totally empty room. Is she shifting in this house?

“Is this your house?” I asked

“Inaianei kua tae mai ia ka hiahia ki te korero” she mumbled with her hand literally throwing clothes inside. I didn't understand anything.

(Now he comes and wants to talk)

“Umm…are you shifting here?” I tried again. Does she want us to stay here and live here?

She furrowed her brow and looked at me.

“Y..your…ho..house?” I asked gesturing my index finger around the room

“Taku whare? He aha tenei hei whare moku huh? Ka noho ahau ki te wahi e noho ai koe. Ka noho ahau ki te waahi kei to kainga. Porangi” she mumbled

(My house? Why will this be my house huh? I will live where you live. I will live where your home is. Idiot)

“No my house”, she said in English. Before she again starts rumbling in her language I fumbled the earpods out of my pockets and gave it to her. Damn, I need to learn her language. She snatched them from my hand and placed them inside her ears. I too wore another set

“I hea koe inanahi? Me pehea e taea ai e koe te haere pera i muri i nga mea i tupu. Kua ngaro noa koe….I” she started as soon as the earpods reached my ears.