Epilogue

Vincent's POV

“Welcome back Vinci. I hope you are never leaving again for so long.” I turned around when I heard that voice and got the shock of my life.

It was Aroha, standing right there in front of me. My heart skipped a beat. She was looking breathtaking in skinny jeans and white crop top. I just didn't know what to do or say or….I was stunned. I was looking at her after two whole years. I had recreated this scene in my head so many  times but when we are actually in front of each other, I am so lost. My breathing gets heavy with each passing second. I am scared of my reaction. I don't know what I would do if I touched her. I don't want to come across as a desperate teenager but the pull is so strong. The whole situation is so overwhelming… we both are just looking at each other's eyes, her’s are brimming with tears.

She takes a step forward and I take one step ahead. I don't know how long we were just trying to reach each other but when she placed her palm on my chest, I lost all control.

I engulfed her in my arms breathing in her scent as if it was my oxygen. I can't survive without her. Oh goddess how did I even stay away from her for two years. I tighten my arms around her, hiding my face in her hair.

“Vincent” she choked.

“I tino mihi ahau ki a koe.” I said in her language.
(I missed you so much)

She pulled her face away and looked at me with amazement.

“What, only you can learn my language? I learned yours too.” I told her. Yes, I learned it during my stay at the camp. I had two whole years to master it. We can't just depend on a device to communicate for our whole life now, can we?

“Good for us, now we don't have to use that device” she chuckled. I cupped her face and touched our heads. Her warm breath fanned my lips. My eyes moved to her wet trembling lips. They were so inviting and before any rational thought could stop me I placed my lips on hers and there were fireworks exploding inside me. This was my first kiss ever which I had reserved for my mate and I am so grateful that I waited for this moment because it was totally worth it. We just stood still, not moving our lips a bit then she moved away a bit and looked in my eyes. Those brown eyes were filled with love and desire. She whimpered when I hungrily attached her lips with full force again. She took a step back due to the impact but I placed my hand behind her head and the other hand around her waist making her body flush against mine. She was shocked initially but then put her fingers in my hair. I sucked and nibbled her lips as if my life depended on it. The kiss was full of urgency and longing. We had been apart for so long it reflected in that kiss. It was sloppy and messy, our tongues got tangled and teeths were clanking but nothing was stopping us.

After what felt like forever, we moved apart breathing in the much needed oxygen. Aroha was breathing heavily, her chest moving up and down. I was losing my senses. The urge to mark her was building in me, my canines were itching to get extended. I pulled her closer and sucked the skin of her neck where my mark will be there. She moaned a bit and I grazed my canines on her skin but the very next second she pushed me.

“Vincent, you cannot mark me now. It has to be done during the Alpha ceremony.” she almost yelled.

“Thank goddess, Jia would have killed me…” she continued moving away from me.

“What?...Alpha ceremony?”...How does she know about our ceremony and rituals?

“Yes. The ceremony of our titles is next week. You have to mark me there and I won't be able to mark you but still there will be an oath ceremony for me…”

I was so confused…how does she know all these things?...

“How do you know? Wait a minute, how long have you been staying here?”