Training camp

Vincent 's pov

“And then you have to go to Alpha training camp for two years also, so better make it fast.” Alpha Richard announced.

What the actual fcuk? I had forgotten all about the training camp in all this chaos. That camp will be for two years. Two fcuking, freaking years. 730 Days! How will I be able to go away from my mate for such a long period. It's not possible I won't go. I can't I can't stay away from her for such a long time. And the most freaking part is that you cannot leave that camp in those 2 years. No meeting family, no going out…nothing. Hah! Not going to happen. We hardly know each other and there are so many matters to be discussed. This is so annoying. I still have to tell her about who I am. I don't know how she will react and how long it will take me to convince her… and in middle of all these how can he expect me to go away…that too for two years

“I won't go.” I stated as if it was so simple and moved into the forest 

“Excuse me! What did you say?” he growled, coming behind me.

“I won't go to that stupid camp, leaving my mate for 2 years. It's just not possible.” I stated with irritation still continuing to walk 

“It's not an option. You have to go to become an Alpha…”he fumed but I didn't let him finish.

“I don't want to be an Alpha then.” I yelled getting agitated 

“Have you lost your mind? Do you even know what you are saying “ he came and took hold of my arm making me face him.

“You won't understand how it feels to be away from your mate for so long…you didn't have a mate when you went to that camp. So don't…”

“Are you defying your Alpha? Don't you forget I am still your Alpha and you are bound to me.” He hollered in his Alpha voice. I had to summit to him

“Y..yes Alpha” I replied bowing to him.

“Better. You will go to Alpha camp for 2 years and get trained there to be the best Alpha. Got it?” He commanded in a calm Voice

“Yes, Alpha.” 

“Hmm.” he hummed and went away straightening his clothes. I and Jia looked at eachother.

“Vinci…” she tried to say something but I stopped her.

“Don't…just don't. You always take his side and never say anything for me. So now don't go on telling me that he is right. He was never in my situation.” I snapped at her. 

“You don't know. Okay so don't judge people on half truths.” she fumed.

“What do you mean?” I asked. 

“I…I am not his first mate.” she choked looking at the ground

“WHAT? What …I…never knew that he had a first mate? What happened to her?” I blurted. How is it possible?..like…he never said anything. This is difficult to believe. 

“Not my story to tell, you better ask him.” she went away saying that. This is so much to take. I was not able to control myself and Al was getting agitated. so I ran from there, deep in the jungle and shifted, running faster. I just ran and ran fighting against the wind. I need to clear my mind.

We need to clear things out. I told Al.

He ran even faster, his paws hitting the wet mud of the forest rigorously. He was furious that we were going away, that we will be away from our mate. I need to calm myself before I confess to Aroha. 

I mindlinked Jia that I will come directly to pack house and they should not wait for me at the tribe. After spending some time in solitude near our territory I went home. As I neared the house, I shifted back and wore the shorts kept near some trees. I saw bro sitting on the steps of the pack house and smoking. He rarely smoked that too away from his kids and mate. I went and sat beside him, he passed his cigarette towards me. I hesitated a bit as I had never smoked before.

“Take it, it helps.” He instructed. 

I kept it between my lips and inhaled as I had seen him do. As soon as the smoke filled my lungs, it suffocated me, making me cough badly. He patted my back as if it was the most mundane thing to do. My cough subsided after a few seconds and I passed his cigarette back to him.

“I will manage without it.” I scoffed and he just shrugged it away. The air was getting colder and carried the moist smell of the forest. I inhaled deeply, gaining courage to ask him.

“Wh…who was she?” 

“Someone from our pack. I never met her.” He shrugged.

“You remember the rogue attacked us when I was at the Alpha camp?” he asked me 

“Yeah”

“She died in that attack. I felt a heart wrecking pain and Derek told me that we lost our mate. It was painful. I was depressed for a month.”

“You never told anyone”

“Ahh, things our stupid young self do.” He chuckled. I didn't get what he meant by that.

“I wanted to be an Alpha and I thought if I told dad, he won't give me the position because there is no Alpha without his Luna.” He elaborated. 

“Oh! Seriously?” I furrowed. 

He chuckled again and got up. 

“Go and sleep, it's getting late.” He ruffled my hair and went inside.

“Jia served you right.” I huffed. She was not ready to accept him as her mate initially. Alpha Richard had to kneel and beg for his love. 

“She was asking for you.” He informed me and he went away. I just nodded knowing he was not there to see it. I just left from there without meeting her. What must he have thought? I took a deep breath.

‘Aroha. We need to tell her everything.’ Aldrich  sighed.

I will tell her everything, and will even go on my knees and beg for her love if needed.

_________

Hey everyone.

We are almost at the end of the story. Hardly 2 more chapters are left.

If possible do vote, comment and follow.