Heartless Humans

My ears were ringing with the word 'Fiancé'. Every sound was wiped away, and a constant buzz had engulfed me. This can't be true, my mate can't have a fiancé. She is mine, JUST MINE. How can she love someone other than me? She is betrothed to me by the moon goddess. I don't know. When I started vibrating and Al started surfacing, but I was pulled into the woods by Derek. (Derek is Alpha Richard's wolf)

“Calm down.” He hollered.

Al was ready to kill. He wanted his mate, he was not concerned about human customs, not bothered to wipe off the whole tribe.

"I want mate. She is mine. MINE" Al growled,
I was unable to take control from him as I was so hurt. Derek had to pin Al by the tree to stop him from claiming our mate.

"She is yours. Relax. We will figure this out. You need to Calm down. We can't show ourselves to humans." Derek reasoned, but Al was in no condition to hear. He was trashing to get out of Derek's hold.

"ALDRICH STOP" Derek commanded in his Alpha tone that made Al to stop getting out of control, he stood still and bowed to his Alpha.

"Bring Vinci back." Richard commanded this time in a calm voice..
When I opened my eyes, I saw bro staring at me skeptically.

"Are you okay?" He asked, patting my back. I just nodded as I was exhausted fighting with Derek. I was breathing heavily and tried to regain my composure. I glanced around and found that we were surrounded by thick forest. We must be deep in the woods. After a few minutes, we went back. Jia gave me a tight lipped smile.

I felt so hurt that my heart felt numb. I never imagined that I would be in such a situation. Aroha has become the epicenter of my survival from the moment she stepped into my life, but I was not anything to her. My mate's heart holds some other man, and that left a constant pang in my heart.

We were sitting at the dinner table, with me sitting right in front of Aloha. Her so-called Fiancé was sitting next to her, holding her hand and feeding her from his plate. I was clenched my fist and gulped my rage. My brain was buzzing from contact fight with Al, who wanted to take control over me again. All this while I kept staring at Ar
oha who was very much aware of my eyes on her because she kept stealing glances at me and her cheeks were flushed.

I can easily kidnap her and take her to our world. No one will ever find her, but I would rather not use force. I want her heart and her willingness to spend her life with me after knowing everything. I thought we had some strings attached while being on that mission,  as if she felt our bond. Maybe I was wrong, all of that was just in my head perhaps, she never felt anything. Humans don't feel our bond, they are selfish, insensitive...

"I think we should leave. Thanks again for your hospitality Leader Rangi" Bro stood up from the table and so did Jia. I followed their suit. My food was untouched. Aroha noticed it and glanced at me. I started at her, holding our eyes together. I wanted to talk to her, shake her up and get some answers out of her. I felt cheated, betrayed and blamed her for breaking my heart. But then again, she is just a human, a heartless human who is unaware of the sacred bond Moon goddess has blessed her with.

We moved to our car. Bro had already told the rest of our team to leave.  Jia was holding my hand, squeezing them to show her support.  I felt defeated and broke on leaving my mate behind, but still, I gave her a small smile. Bro was walking ahead of us, we reached the car and I opened the car door and slammed it close, gaining the attention of Jia and Bro.

"This is so unbelievable" I fumed, losing all piled up resilience.

"Vinci.." Jia started, but I continued.

"Why? Why can't she love me? What do I do now? Should I.... should I re.. reject her...?"

"Vincent Stanford, don't you dare say such words. She is your mate for a reason. Have faith in the Moon goddess. Aroha will be with you. You will have your mate...I, Alpha Richard Stanford, will make sure of it." Bro hollered.

"Now get in the damn car, we are leav..."

"Vincent" all of us turned to the source of the voice and there stood my mate. Her eyes were on me trying to say something, and it was the first time she had called my name.

I slowly walked towards her, getting very close. What does she want now, I wondered.

"Can you both, please leave us alone" I requested Jia and Alpha. Without much thought or delay, they climbed in the car and drove away.

I pinned her to the nearby tree and buried my head in the nook of her neck. She started breathing heavily, her heart started beating fast, I could hear it.

"Do you love him?" I mumbled, still being in that position. Her scent calmed me.

"I whakarerea koe i konei!" She said, but I didn't understand anything.

(They just left you here!)

"You are my mate, how do I tell you
this?" I moved up and caressed her cheeks.

"E mohio ana ahau kare koe e marama ki ahau engari ko ahau....Ki taku whakaaro kei te pai ahau ki a koe. He tino rerekee, kare e mohio ki a maua engari kare e taea e au" she said something.

(I know you can't understand me, but I....I think I like you. It's so weird, we hardly know each other, but I can't help it.)

"Don't you feel our bond. Don't you feel anything for me?" I cupped both her cheeks and tried desperately to make her understand.

"Ko te tikanga o to tatou iwi me moe au i a Tane...e te Atua kei te aha ahau"
This Tane again. I hate when she takes his name. I want to kill him.

(I... It's our tribe's custom. I have to marry Tane...oh God what am I doing)

"Come with me, please. I can't survive without you" I almost pleaded.

"He he tenei. Kore rawa ahau i haere mai i muri i a koe. Ka pouri ahau. Kare au e mohio he aha taku i whakaaro ai? Ka pouri ahau, ka pouri ahau" she pushed me a bit and started walking away from me, finally vanishing behind the trees and back to her tribe and back to her Tane. Al growled.

(This is wrong. I should have never come after you. I am sorry. I don't know, what was I thinking? I am sorry, I am so sorry )

"Aroha...Arohaaa...this is not over, Aroha. I am coming back for you. I will be back soon to take you with me." I yelled behind her and finally gave control to Al.

______

Hey Readers.

I had not updated since long. Sorry for that. Hope you are still connected to the story.

Thanks a lot. Please follow, vote and comment.