Her territory

I pulled the car with a jerk some distance away from the pack house. Jia was standing at the door with her hands on her hips. I saw Jake pulling over the trailer right beside me. He got down and so did I. We are dead for sure. The drama back there will be nothing compared to this one, for sure.

"We are screwed, isn't it?" He said, looking at Jia

"Royally screwed. What do we tell her?" We need to give the same answers if we need to live.

"We followed Alpha's order?" Jake suggested.

"Ya... that's quite reasonable." We did actually follow Alpha's orders.

Aroha came and stood beside me  with a frown on her face and Rick too got down, just then another car pulled up near us. it contained the rest of our team, all of them came out, and I was relieved that everyone was ok. No injuries on our end, But when lastly Hunter came out and closed the door, I furrowed my brows. Where is the Alpha?

Jia came rushing towards us with her little army.

"Where is Richard?" She asked no one in particular.

"Ummm..." I tried, but I clearly had no idea. When bullets started firing, I grabbed Aroha's hand and sprinted towards the exit not thinking about anyone and anything but my mate's safety.

"Where is your Alpha? Vinci?... Jake?" Her eyes landed on us with accusation. Both of us held our head low.

"Luna, Alpha stayed back..." Dal tried to explain, but Jia cut him off midway

"You all came back, leaving him alone?"

"No...he asked us to leave as he wanted to meet..." Dal kept looking at me as if asking for help.

"Non of you  thought of staying back with him"

"We ...I.."

"What's happening here?" Alpha came and stood beside Jia as if nothing happened. How did he come?

"How did you..." Jia questioned but stopped. I think they are mind linking.

"I had to speak with the authorities and complete all their documentation." He explained. I side glanced at Aroha and her mouth was wide open, of course wondering how Alpha landed here. She then looked at me, but I instantly looked away, not wanting to explain her.

"Can we check the girls, please. " She finally said after a few seconds of silence.

I translated her wish.

"Ya sure." Alpha gestured her to follow him.
All of us went and stood behind Rick, who was opening the trailer door. As soon as the door opened, we heard shrieks of all the girls.

Oh! my Goddess. What have they done to them? They were a crying mess. They were cramped up together in the far corner, hugging each other and they smelled fear and anguish.

Aroha climbed and started soothing them with her words. Next, Jia too got in to help, girls were in a panic and were shattered.
Two girls hugged Aroha and cried.

"We should take them side and let our in-house doctor tend them." Alpha Richard suggested. Aroha still had the ear pods on so she knew what he told.

"No it we would be better if we get them home as soon as possible." She said not looking at us,

"They need medical help and some food..." I tried to make her stay long.

"We should leave." She said so firmly that non of us could argue further.

"She wants to leave right away." I translated for others.

"Ok"

"Get Dr Tonia along with us and Dal please get something to eat from the kitchen." Alpha instructed everyone.

Soon we were on our way to her tribe. She was sitting in front of trailer with Rich driving it and the rest of us were inside with the girls. I and Bro sat at a further distance as Jia and Dr. Tonia sat with them.

I felt trailer halting in the middle of nowhere, and with that, my heart stopped beating. I was not ready to leave her. My mind was fogged with numerous thoughts. How do I tell her what she is to me, how I can't survive without her.

Rick opened the door and all of us to came out.

"Myself, Vince and Luna will accompany them, rest of you stay here." Alpha announced as we all had gathered on the ground. We started walking behind Aroha on a small trail, and soon a community came into view. Hut were scattered around and people were going about their daily activities. As soon as they saw us, there was an uproar among them, families of girls came running towards us and started hugging their daughters and cried with happy tears.

A man came running and hugged Aroha as if his life depended on it. My blood boiled with rage. How dare he touch my mate. I was about to drag him away, but Jia stopped me by grabbing my fisted hand.

"He must be the brother" Jia reasoned.

"This doesn't look like brotherly" I gritted.

"Vinci we want to avoid creating a scene here." Bro ordered.

I looked at them and again my eyes moved to Aroha, that guy had audaciously cupped her face and had joined their foreheads. He was mumbling something, to which she was nodding her head. My hand fisted, and my jaws clenched even Al was in full attention, ready to attack. Here I was boiling on rage and bro was concerned about not creating a scene.

Hell with it. I will just rip him apart. I had just moved when an elderly man came and engulfed Aroha in his arms.

"Taku tamahine toa. Ka whakahīhī ahau ki a koe" he said lovingly

(My brave daughter. I am proud of you.)

He seemsmed leader of this tribe as all others bowed to him.

Aroha started explaining to him everything, gesturing her hands at us. Her father came to us and extended his hand.

"Myself Rangi, I extend my hearty gratitude for helping my daughter in rescuing all the girls. My people and I will be thankful to you for all our lives." That man spoke in English. We were astonished, but then bro extended his arm and introduced us.

"Richard Stanford. My brother Vincent and my wife Jia. I consider it my duty to fight injustice, and what these girls faced was unbelievable." He replied.

"My people want you all to stay back, so they could express their gratitude." He said, gesturing towards his people.

"It's not needed seriously..." Bro said.

"Tēnā koa. Please we insist"

"We will stay" I replied quickly. I wanted to talk to Aroha before leaving.

"Let me introduce everyone here. This is Maugham my head advisor and This is Tane Maugham 's son and Aroha's fiancé..."

-------------

Look who updated after such a long time....

Hope you enjoy read.