The fight

Vincent 's pov

"Let me just finish him off, he talks too much." Aldrich said suddenly coming to life. Tane was blabbering to his people that When I die he should not be blamed and something on same lines

"Ohh your highness, Aldrich the great. Thank you for gracing us with your presence." I mocked him.

"Cut the crap human and let me fight him." He commanded

"No." I firmly replied to him.

"Excuse me. I am not asking you. I will fight him." He declared.

"Where were you till now, sleeping peacefully right? So go back to sleep. I will handle this. Thank you so much." I scoffed.

"Human, I…" he started to say something.

"Alpha's order Al. We will play this fair. We can't reveal ourselves to humans." I stopped him in the middle before he could complete his sentence.

"Who said anything about revealing ourselves to humans? Just give me control of your body. And you think he will play fair?" He replied

"I said I will handle him. He can't beat me." I put my foot down. Why the hell everyone thinks I can't fight Tane.

"As you wish. Don't come to me when…"

"I won't." I again didn't let him finish whatever he wanted to say. I know I can defeat Tane. He will die today.

"Hey you, whatever your name is get ready to fight " Tane called me with a smirk. He is so full of himself.

Everyone had moved out and formed a circle in between, Tane was standing in between proudly as if he was invincible. He can have all the glory till he gets smashed.

Bro patted my back. 'Go get him.' He mindlinked me.

Jia winked at me. 'Just get done with this fast. I want to go home,' she said in a bored tone.

I looked at Aroha. She was still holding Pania beside her father. She gave me a confident smile. I nodded, assuring her that I would win.

I stood in front of my challenger and stared at him.

"She shouldn't have brought you back. Look what that will result in. You, losing your life." He smirked and chuckled. I just stared at him.

"Don't worry. Cheaters are punished very gravely in our tribe." He stated.

"And what about traitors?" I asked looking deep in his eyes. His face twitched a bit and his nose flared, he was getting  angry but he morphed his expression.

"I know traitors are not shown mercy anywhere in this world " I smirked this time. He furrowed his brows at me but regained his attitude again.

"You picked the best girl from our tribe. I must say you have a great taste. Just look at the girl that came with you, she is hot." I know he is trying to rile me to provoke and distract me by mentioning Jia in this.

"Ignore  whatever he says" Jia mindlinked me. We were circling each other by now.

He stopped and took a stance by crouching, his one hand in the air stretched out and the other touching the ground. It looked like some kind of ninja pose. My eyes were focused on his every move. My ears were listening to every flex of his muscles . I could smell his fear, just a bit but it was there and that could be my advantage.

What he did next was never anticipated by me. He took some earth in his hand and threw it at my face. If not for my werewolf reflexes, I would be half defeated by now. I dodged most of it but still few particles got in my eyes, making me shut my eyes tightly. I heard a few gasps and yells.

"Are you okay?" came bro's concerned voice through mindlink.

"I am fine, bastard will pay for this." I fisted my hand.

"I told you he won't play fair." Aldrich commented. He was on full alert now.

"Ya, ya, I know." I rolled my eyes at him and tried to clean my eyes with my sleeves.

"Vinci be careful he is attacking you. On your right.". Bro cautioned me.

I heard the sound of his arm moving towards me from my right side and took hold of it before it could reach my face. I was trained for this. We trained a lot with blindfold to fight our opponents with just sounds that came from them.

Tane grunted and brought his other arm towards me and I took hold of that too. He was trying his best to free himself from my hold but was not successful. I kneeled him in his stomach and pushed his hands. I heard him stumble and land on his butt.
Taking advantage of the time I cleared and opened my eyes. He was trying to stand up clutching his stomach.

I gave him time to get steady first and as he approached me again I kicked his knee. It made a satisfactory cracking sound. He screamed with pain and lost his balance, falling on the ground.

"You swine" he gritted and pulled my leg making me fall next to him. He pounced on me and pressed his elbow on my neck. He was fast and strong. I should give that credit to him. With one broken knee, he still managed to hold me down with his body weight.

________

Hey everyone,

Thanks a lot for reading the story and liking it.

Next will be updated soon.