Happiness

Vincent 's pov

"So you ran away from your wedding?" Alpha Richard asked Aroha.
We were all sitting in my room and wanted to know all the details of Aroha's escape.

"Y..Yes" she replied in English. She has learnt few words and tries her best to communicate with them

"That's brave of you" He concluded.

"T ..Thank" she gave a tight lipped smile to him.

"Why?" He probed further.

"Aroha..no…Tane …" she started but Bro stopped her.

"Ya we got it Aroha no Tane but Aroha yes Vinci we get that loud and clear but what made you do it?" Bro rolled his eyes. I glared at him. I like hearing her say 'Aroha yes Vincent' . It sounds so romantic and more romantic was her effort to learn English for me.

"Umm…Aroha…

"Just a sec. Please tell us in your language." Bro pinched his bridge of nose getting frustrated.

"Aroha English learn" she said sternly glaring at Bro.

"Goddess knows who taught her" he mumbled, rolling his eyes, making me furious.

"Vinci, can you connect these earpods to some speaker so we all can understand her?" He asked me and I squinted my eyes at him. My mate was trying her best to communicate with us. She even went ahead and learnt the language.

"What?" He shrugged as if it was her fault
I sighed and got up to connect my earpods to Alexa

"Aroha you can tell us in your language" I requested softly

She gave me a tight lipped smile and nodded

"So let me start from the start."  She said it in her language and just then Alexa translated it into English in her very annoying voice. This process was not ideal but we can't help it.

Alexa repeated her every sentence.

"It's my tribe's custom that the Tribe head's daughter will marry Tribe advisor 's son and pass on the position to him if there is no son in the picture. So I was betrothed to Tane since I was born as my mother died giving birth to me."

"If …if I oppose this union then Tane will challenge my father for the position. It's a brutal duel which ends with the death of any of them."

"Tane is our best warrior. He is very strong. My father is no match for him. He will kill him easily. I…I don't know what to do…can …can you please save my father." She pleaded.

I know where this is going. I am just waiting for her to say the words.

"And how do we save him?" I asked, fully aware of what was coming my way.

"Someone has to fight Tane" she spoke very slowly

"And by someone you mean Vinci right?" Bro probed and Aroha looked at me. She gave a small nod and diverted her eyes on the floor. She was on the verge of tears and it was affecting me. I can fight the whole world for her.

"I am sorry I am dragging you in this mess but I can't marry Tane…not after…after meeting you. I don't understand or can't pinpoint what it is but it feels as if we have some eternal bond… As if we are meant to be …and I didn't want to give myself away to some egocentric stubborn guy before exploring our bond." She explained looking deep in my eyes

My heart fluttered at her words.

"Tane is a very aggressive and strong guy. He has been training for years. He is  27 years old. He won't give up easily. It's his dream to be head of the tribe" she explained

"I will fight him." I announced. No matter how strong that Tane might be, he can't beat a werewolf.

"No you are not getting it. You can't just go and fight him. You need to train first. You are no match to him. And also you are very young." She panicked but was shocked when everyone in the room laughed.

Ouch! That hit hard.

"I am eighteen, I can fight him, don't worry." I assured her. I am a warrior, that too trained by the best. I am confident that I can defeat him. I don't intend on killing him nor want to be head of her tribe. This will just be just for claiming my mate. Aroha is mine and no Tane can come in between.

"But…" she tried to say something but bro held his palm at her.

"We will go tomorrow, and trust me Tane will be running for his life." He smirked and slapped my back as he moved towards the door and the rest of everyone followed him out. It was just me and Aroha now in the room. We may have confessed our feelings for eachother but still we are a bit strangers. We hardly know each other. Aroha went and sat on the bed avoiding  looking at me although she had a hint of a shy smile on her lips. I went and sat next to her letting the fact sink in that she is actually here with me, that she came to me and that she has feelings for me.

"I am so happy that you are here with me and you thought of giving us a chance."
She nodded and smiled brightly, still avoiding my eyes. This Aroha is so different from the previous one. I chuckled at the thought which made her look at me with a frown.

"I didn't know you could be so timid. I like the previous Aroha more."  I told. She glared at me, turning her face towards me. I cupped her face in my palms, she gasped closing her eyes. I was so mesmerized with her beauty that I can spend my whole life just gazing at her.

When she opened her eyes they were moist and held fear in them.

"I am worried for you and my father…Tane…"

"Shh…Trust me everything will be alright." I tried to hug her but she placed her palms on my chest.

"Umm…." She wanted to say something. I raised my brows at her

"I am 21 years old. I am older than you" she confessed.

"It doesn't matter" I laughed taker her in my arms.

----------------------

Hey everyone, hope you are enjoying the story so far.

Please comment you views on the storyline.

And please vote and follow me here and on Instagram.