Chapter III

Be as deadly as the silent snake and as caring as the mother deer. But never show your weakness, for, in the wild, that means death.

°°°

Tobias POV

Lunchtime rolled around as quickly as the day had started. As soon as I walked into the cafeteria, I saw Lys. He was sitting by one of the boys from this morning and sometimes giving him an answer and other times just humming. The boy didn't seem to mind and just went on talking. Romeo, Bannahell, and Lancaster walked in from the other end. Mordecai and Alias soon followed them. The seven boys from before seemed to gather at the table that Lys and the boy were seated at. So I walked over and plopped down in a random seat. The room was silent.
Sebi sat down next to me. My brothers took the rest of the seats making the other pull-up chairs.

"I'm getting lunch!" Alias announced and took off.

"What a little bitch," Lancaster mumbled.

"Your the only bitch here," Lys replied. We all glanced at him. The boy stood up. "You hungry, Lys?"

"I'll come with you, Gabriel," Lys replied and stood up.

"I'm sorry?" Romeo cut in, "Lysander Hellmen. Did you say a full sentence without insulting someone?"

We all gasped dramatically.

"Oh my, Satan!" Mordecai cackled. Ban chuckled.

Lys put up his middle finger and stuck out his pierced tongue. "Suck a cock!"

Then he walked off, followed by the one known as Gabriel.

°°°

Mordecai POV

I slammed my head on the tabletop, all my brothers turning to me with raised eyebrows.

"Fuck!" I moaned, "I have P.E after this!"

Slater chuckled. I met him in science earlier, by the way. I hate science. He grinned at me, and I sighed. Tobias raised an eyebrow.

"Dad texted," I said. All of my brothers froze, and the sound of a tray clattering to the ground was heard. Tobias changed. He went from fun and loving to calm. We all turned to him as he stood up.

"It's fine!" I tried to say, "I can..."

Tobias put up a hand, silencing me.

"I'll take care of it," he whispered, and without another word, he was gone.

"Fuck," Bannahell whispered.

"God damnit, Mordecai!" Lys growled, "you can't just keep your big fat fucking mouth shut, can you?"

I glanced down. I didn't mean for this to happen.

We were about to talk again when the tall boy named Sebastian stood up.

"I'll catch you all later," he mumbled.

"Where are you going?" Raphael asked.

"After Tobias." Then he too was gone—what a strange turn of events.

°°°

Bannahell POV

I started after Sebastian, only for my Little Angel to pull me back down with a shake of his head. I sighed and sat back down. Romeo chuckled nervously and turned to Lys.

"S-so Lys," Romeo started, "who's your friend?"

"Gabriel," Lys mumbled. Then his eyes narrowed. "If you fuckers do or say anything bad to him. I will make you regret it!"

I let out a roar of laughter.

"Y-you," I chuckled, "you... I can't."

"Go to hell, Bannahell!" Lys growled.

Gabriel sighed and shoved his food tray in front of my little brother. Lys smiled... Wait... Lys smiled. Lys Smiled!

"Lys, you smiled!" I exclaimed. We all had looks of surprise.

"Food," Lys muttered. But the smile didn't disappear.

"What's your next class?" Gabriel asked him.

"Government History with Mrs. Angie," Lys replied.

Gabriel grinned. "Looks like we have the same class!"

Lys hummed in response and shoveled food into his mouth. I glanced over at the Little Angel.

"What's your name Angel?" I asked. He turned to beat red.

"M-michael," he whispered. I grinned and leaned close to his face.

"You," I whispered back and watched him shiver, "can call me Ban."

He nodded and didn't say another word.