Chapter XI

Sometimes we make mistakes.
Those mistakes can be good or bad. They can lead to something beautiful or something ugly. It's all up to us, as people, to decide what the outcome will be.

°°°

Romeo POV

I sat in Politics, staring out a broken window. A soft wind touched my cheek. I breathed in the fresh air, enjoying the smells of the pine trees and flowers.

"You ever gonna talk to me again?" Asked a voice. I glanced to my left to see Moonshine. He was sulking since I hadn't spoken a word to him all morning. Instead of answering, I ignored him and continued staring out the window. It had been three days since we had returned to school in honor of Tobias; none of us Hellmen boys had talked to anyone but each other.

"Fine," Moonshine growled, "ignore me. Bitch."

I felt a pinprick my heart, and I turned to Moonshine with the most charming smile. I watched as his eyes grew wide, and he stared at me in awe. I stood up and put one of my fingers under his chin, tilting his head up. He didn't move. My other hand crept around to his hair, and I buried my fingers in the thick locks. I grinned and pulled back hard. Moonshine let out a scream.

"You think you can talk to me like that?" I asked. He reached up and tried to pull my hand away, so I tugged his hair down farther.

"Fuck!" He groaned.

I wasn't thinking at that moment, not until a voice called out to me.

"Romeo enough!"

I looked up to see Clarence. He stood with Ravi. Ravi's eyes grew wide when I pulled Moonshine's hair harder and harder till he had tears in his eyes.

"Romeo," Clarence repeated, "enough. We don't want a repeat of Brooklyn, now do we?"

I sighed heavily and let him go. Moonshine fell forward and rubbed at his scalp.

"Never," I purred, "call me a bitch again."

Then I walked after Clarence as he left. I wonder where August has been

°°°

August POV

I groaned as I heaved myself out of bed. I was rubbing my eyes and yawning. Viggo stood by a smoke-smudged window, his cigarette glowing in the dull light. I glanced at him.

"I heard a rumor," Viggo said, "that you and your brothers are quite something else." Viggo turned to me. He flicked his cigarette and ran a hand through his hair.

"Tell me, August," Viggo said, walking up to me. His finger curled under my chin, and he tilted my head up. "What happened to turn such a nice boy, so cruel?"

I grinned at him. "A Monster."

Viggo leaned down, his lips brushing mine.

"What an odd Monster you've become, August," he whispered, "why did you want to know about the La Prison shooting?"

I grinned and leaned away from him.

"For entertainment," I replied. Viggo sat down heavily nearest chair.

"I heard that Seven of the Hellmen boys were raised once to be part of a special force operation," Viggo stated, "tell me what name you were given."

"Pride," I replied.

"Why?"

"For everything," I breathed, "I was born to be mothers pride and joy-the thing everyone loved. To love me more than I love others. Cruel. Don't you agree?"

Viggo nodded and didn't answer. I grinned.

"My brothers and I were created for one reason and one reason only," I said, pulling the covers away from my naked body. "To serve my father. Imagine Viggo!" I chuckled darkly, "only ever being one thing. Twisted and made out to be something your not."

Viggo let the smoke leak out of his mouth.

My grin grew wider as I stood up, and Viggo's eyes filled with a dark desire.

"Imagine," I repeated, "becoming a Monster."