Chapter IX

In this castle of glass,

We waste away in the past,

Our foolish souls are devoured,

So we become the coward,

Away from all that, we knew,

If only you had known how much I had loved you.

°°°

August POV(Gasp! Another Hellmen Boy!!!)

I pulled out my phone, shoving Clarence out of my face. I put my middle finger up and answered.

"This is August Hellmen, buying souls and selling favors since 1863. How can I help you?" I said, taking a sip of my tea.

"August... What the fuck?" Replied a velvety voice on the other end. I put my phone on the table and put it on speaker, sharing a look with Clarence.

"Romeo?" I asked. Clarence's honey-gold eyes grew wide, and he pushed his neon red hair out of his face. "Is everything ok?"

Romeo took a deep breath on the other end.

"S-something happened with Tobias," Romeo replied. I felt my blood run cold. "August... I-i don't know what to do!"

"Send me your address. We'll be there," I said and then hung up. If anything happened to Tobias, I would make sure Father never sees the light of day!

I stood up, Clarence not even questioning me. A tall, lean girl with hot-pink hair stood up as well. Her blue eyes scanned us. I saw as she pulled out her phone.

"If it's for Tobi," Cas said, "I'd happily follow you fuckers to hell. Now stop gaping at me, and let's get going."

I just grinned and threw down some money. Goodbye, New York; it's a good thing I never liked you in the first place.

°°°
Tobias POV

I don't know why I had had so much faith in our new beginning, and clearly, I was wrong. As soon as I stepped outside, I was covered in snow. I just stood there, letting it melt in my hair and clothes, the icy temperature waking up my clouded mind.

Why? Why did everything go so wrong all the time? Why?

"Where are you, Steele?" I whispered. I felt a hand touch my shoulder, and I turned to see Sebi, his amber eyes looking worried.

"Tobias?" He said. I sniffed and rubbed my hand together, pushing back my feelings and putting on a charming smile. Sebi raised an eyebrow in questioning.

"Just needed to cool off," I chuckled, "you know. It was a little hot in there!"

Sebi didn't reply; he just stared at me with worry-filled eyes.

"Don't lie," he whispered, "not to me. Please. Please don't lie to me."

°°°

Gabriel POV

It had been two days since the Hellmen siblings had come to school, and after they had gone to Sebastian's house, they never returned to school. One day and suddenly, they had my friends wrapped around their fingers and me. Sebastian wouldn't say a word about the Hellmen boys; he was silent. Michael ignored our conversations, and the rest of the school kept looking up whenever the cafeteria doors opened. It was almost like everyone expected the seven hot boys to come waltzing in again. But they didn't.

Two days later, they still hadn't shown up.

Three days later, it was the same.

Three more days, and it was almost like they had never existed at all.