Chapter V

Remember then that there is only one important time, and that time is now. The most important one is always the one you are with. And the most important thing is to do good for the one standing at your side. This is why we are here.

Jon J. Muth,

°°°

Gabriel POV

I held Lys as tight as I could; I never wanted to let him go. I pulled back, and without thinking, I kissed Lys lightly on the lips. When I pulled away, he looked star-struck.

"I-i'm sorry," I stuttered, pulling away. "I don't know what I was thinking. I..."

Lys wrapped his hands up in my shirt and slammed his lips on mine. I groaned and pulled him closer, working my lips against his. Lys moaned and melted in my arms. I bit his bottom lip and made him whimper.

Wait. What in the devil was I doing? Whatever it was, this isn't me. But I couldn't stop. Lys reached up and buried his fingers in my hair. I groaned again, trying to get closer, so there was no space left between us.

"What the fuck!?" I pulled away and turned around. Bannahell was standing in the hallway, surrounded by all the other Hellmen siblings. They were all gapping, and I turned back to Lys. He was crimson red and was staring down at his feet.

"S-sorry," Lys mumbled and took off down the hall away from his brothers and me.

"Lysander!" Bannahell called after him.

"L!" I called out. But it was too late. He was gone. I turned to Ban only to feel a sharp pain in my jaw and was soon on the ground.

"You little!" Lancaster and Alias grabbed Bannahell and pulled him back away from me. I groaned and rubbed my jaw.

"Ow," I whined. My friends showed up from the hall with Lys in the front. He saw me and ran forward. I watched as Lys stood in front of me, blocking Ban's path.

Moonshine reached down and pulled me to my feet, wincing at my bruising jaw.

"Fucker!" Ban growled again. Lys narrowed his eyes, and I watched in a flash as Ban was shoved to the ground. His nose was gushing blood, Lys shook out his hand.

"I said," Lys growled lowly, "don't fucking touch him, Bannahell!"

Romeo and Mordecai tried to shove Lys back. I reached out and grabbed his wrist. He glanced at me, and his eyes softened. He turned back to Ban with a deadly glare.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Lys?!" Bannahell shouted. We were attracting a crowd.

"I said don't touch him!" Lys growled back.

Bannahell was pulled to his feet. He wiped his hand across his nose and growled when he noticed the blood.

"Remember what Tobias said," Bannahell hissed, "'stay away from everyone.' Including!" Ban pointed at us, "the hot ones!"

Lys clutched his hands into fists.

"I am tired of not living," Lys mumbled.

"What did you say?" Ban growled.

"I said I want to live!" Lys roared, "I don't just want to survive. And Gabriel makes me happy! Why are you so against everything!"

"Because Tobias said so!" Ban roared back.

"Tobias this, Tobias that. It's always about Tobias!" Lys screamed, "why is it always about Tobias! There are seven more us other than him!"

"Because he's given us everything!" Ban snarled. The room went silent. Nobody moved, nobody breathed.
"He," Ban whispered, "has given us everything."

"Don't you think I know that?" Lys whispered back, "don't you think I know? I will forever be grateful, and I will give him everything in return. But... I want to be happy, Ban."

All of the Hellmen shared a look, one only they knew what it meant. A silent word passed between all of them. Yet, I could feel something like a bond grow stronger between them. A shared knowledge none of us were ever going to be part of.

"I..." Ban sighed and rubbed his arm, "I'm sorry for punching your boyfriend."

Lys blushed, and I chuckled.

"We just kissed once," Lys whispered, "doesn't mean we're dating."

"Yeah... Whatever," Ban growled and turned away. "See ya later, Lys." Then he walked off, soon followed by all the other Hellmen's, including Lys. I watched him leave, feeling as if something new had blossomed between us.

°°°

Mordecai POV

We all split up after that. We were going our own ways. I watched as Lys was joined by Gabriel, who grinned and made Lys blush with a single word. That boy fell in love way too fucking fast. But still, I couldn't help but see Lys smile and think, how bad could this be? I never really cared about listening to Tobias, and his warnings, not like the others did anyways. So I just grinned and glanced behind me. Slater walked over and stood beside me.

"Not running off, are you?" He asked. I chuckled and lazily ran my eyes up and down his body.

"How about we go and have some fun?" I asked, leaning in. Slater snorted and grinned back.

"Whatever do you have in mind, my dear prince?"

°°°

Romeo POV

I paused when Ravi came waltzing up to me. Don't make friends, don't make friends... But Tobi never said anything about a boyfriend!

I turned to Ravi.

"What ya want?" I asked. He froze.

"Oh, um, ah..." Ravi scratched his head. "Sebastian, just text. He said him, Tobias, and Blue Jay are at his place."

I smiled.

"She's safe then," I whispered. Ravi nodded. "Good!" I grinned and turned around, pulling out my phone.

Romeo- Blue Clear

Mordecai- Tobi?

Romeo- With Sebastian

Bannahell- At least they're safe.

Romeo hummed and slipped his phone into his pocket. At least they're safe.