Chapter XX

Our happiness is sometimes burned by our fears. Our fears are sometimes the worst and the best thing that ever happened to us. For fear is what makes us human and happiness is what gives our lives meaning.

°°°

The funeral was quick to come in those weeks. It was small and only attended by those Tobias had loved in life. Without a body there was no need for a casket, so they only buried his jacket.

Sebastian stood under the rain, both his parents at his side. Ronan had stopped and dropped off some flowers at a grave.

"Just an old lover," Ronan had said when Sebastian had asked what he was doing.

Scar had also stopped and smiled at the head stone.

"Your father went through something like what your going through right now Sebastian," Scar said, kneeling down and brushing off the dirt. He traced the first name engraved on the stone. Isaak. "It gets better my son. It really does. It won't heal. Not completely and you will always notice it. The pain, like a festering wound sometimes and like a dull throb others. But it will heal and you will find a new happiness some day."

Sebastian nodded. Though he wished he wouldn't have. Cause as Sebastian looked up he saw something. A handsome boy. Ink black hair that fell to cover his honey colored eyes. His lips curved into a frown as he watch his brothers cry.

"Tobias?" Sebastian whispered. Sebastian watched as another boy. Shorter with raven back hair that reached his shoulders and curled into spirals touched Tobi's shoulder. This boy had skin as pale as snow, one eye the color of ice, the other eyes the color of gold. He was to pretty to be a boy and to handsome to be a girl. He wore all black and walked with a cane. Though, despite his looks, when the boy glanced at Sebastian, he glared.

Tobias looked once at Sebi and smiled.

It was a smile that held all the love in the world and at that moment Sebastian knew he couldn't let Tobias walk away.

Sebastian stole away from his parents, leaving them bewildered at the grave of Isaak. He took off towards Tobias and the other boy. Running as fast as he could.

A black GMC was parked outside the cemetery and when Sebastian saw Tobias about to get into it he froze.

"Tobias!" He screamed. Tobias turned to him and froze as well. Sebastian wasted no time in running forward and sweeping Tobi into his arms. He slammed his mouth down onto the the laters and kissed him with all the passion in the world. Tobias kissed him back, burying his hands in Sebi's hair. Pulling Sebi closer and closer until there was no room left between them. It was sweet and it was full of love. But it wouldn't last forever.

Tobias was the first to pull away.

"Sebi," he whispered. Sebastian wrapped his arms around Tobi and pulled his head down.

"Please don't leave me," Sebi whispered back. "Please."

"I have to," Tobias replied, his voice muffled by Sebastian's shoulder.

"No," Sebastian shook his head. "No! Please!"

Tobias pulled away and grabbed onto Sebastian's shirt.

"It's for the best," Tobias replied, "and you'll find me."

"Tobi please," Sebastian said again, "don't leave. If not for me then for your brothers."

"I am doing this for my brothers," Tobias whispered, "Steele and I... We can't be near each other and I don't want to over shadow their sun. Not anymore."

"Tobias," said a voice like honey. Sebastian glanced at that same boy. As beautiful as he was, his eyes were full of malic. "We must be going."

Tobias pulled Sebi's face back to his. With one more kiss, Tobias pushed Sebi away and walked over to the car.

Before he got in he flipped Sebastian a token.

Sebastian caught it and looked down.

It was made out of high grade lead with gold trim. The symbol of a dagger piercing a heart was etched on the front and on the back it read Noble.

"Come to Los Angeles some day, "Tobias said, "a bar called the Half-pint. You'll be able to find me there."

Tobias looked back once. "I love you Sebi." The got in and the car drove off.

Sebastian stood there alone, drenched to the bone. His hand clenched the token so hard his knuckles were white.

"I love you too Tobi," he whispered.