Chapter XVI

I wish I was good.
I wish I didn't lie.
I wish my mother understood.
I wish my father were alive.
I wish I had died.
I wish I was happy.
I wish I wasn't in pain.
I wish I wasn't cruel.
I wish I wasn't cold.
I wish I were enough.
I wish I was good.

°°°

Lys POV

We all say at school, Tobias no where to be found. Gabriel stared at me with worried eyes. I hadn't spoken a word since mine and Tobias's fight. Ban glanced at me a couple times but didn't say a word. Romeo sighed.

"Where's Tobi?" He asked. I snarled.

"Who cares?" I grumbled.

°°°

Tobias POV

I stared down at Steele's grave. I couldn't cry, not even when little Romeo screamed at me.

"Murder!" He cried, "your a murder!"

Ban and Lancaster grabbed his arms. For such a small boy, he was strong.

"I hate you!"

Lys glanced at me. "Useless." He whispered under his breath.

I felt the shadows rise once more, the world going silent. The crushing waves swallowing me. I was useless. Just like Lys said, I was a murder just like Romeo said. I was nothing but a jealous filled Monster. Just like my father.

A tall man in a face mask and hat sat next to me that day. He wore all black, just like the rest of us. He put a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it, just like Steele used to do.

"It's all right kid," the man said. His voice was low and husky, like gravel. "It wasn't your fault."

Then he stood up.

I turned to say something to him, to at least reply. But he was gone as fast as he had appeared.

His voice, I realize, reminded me of Steele. Not the sound of it, but the warmth of it. Like a ray of sunshine touching down on the earth, basking the world in all it's beautiful glory.

That's what Steele had been.

The sun.

And it was a Beautiful light that had once led our families way.

I had killed it.

°°°

Ban POV

I glanced at Michael. We were sitting at a cafe. He was glancing out the window and I felt deep anger rise in the pit of my stomach as people gawked at him. I let out a growl. Michael turned to me with a raised brow.

He didn't say a word, he didn't really have the chance to. I stood up. Grabbed my menu and blocked the people's line of sight. I put my lips to his. Lightly and gentle.

Then I pulled back and sat down.

"Assholes," I growled, "that's my angel."

Michael blushed a bright red.

"Shut up."