1/2 of Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Sam's POV:

I awoke to the smell of smoke and screaming. I jumped out of bed and slipped on my shoes. Carter was awake and was quickly doing the same. I didn't wait for him, but instead ran outside to see what all the commotion was about. I quickly figured out why.

The clubhouses that the little kids played in were on fire and it was quickly spreading. Soon if would start engulfing the left wing of the pack house and that is where most of the mated wolves are. I opened up a pack link as I ran to help and ordered all the wolves to evacuate the pack house. I also ordered the teenagers to help get all of the children as far away from my pack house as possible. Jayden and Xavier were already outside helping. Carter was assisting the teenagers.

I turned on the sprinklers and grabbed a watering hose. I started spraying the clubhouses as Jayden and Xavier kept spraying some of the swing sets.

“What the hell happened here!!!”
Xavier responded in a gruff voice, “No one knows. I woke up to the smell of smoke and came to investigate. This is what I saw!!”

The smoke was getting thicker and it was quickly becoming harder to see. I let the boys finish spraying the clubhouses as I focused on the left wing of the pack house. The fire was put out in the clubhouses, but the left wing fire wasn't.

Some of the pack warriors had hand held fire extinguishers and were helping to put out the fire.

We were staring to get it under control when I heard the faint screams of a little boy.

“Crap!! I think there is someone still in there! Did no one think to do a head count!!” Jayden scream. I was about to run to the pack house when I was shoved out of the way by Xavier. He Soaked himself in water and ran inside the pack house.

I stared at the door in shock as everyone continued to spray the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Change in POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xavier's POV.

As soon as we heard the scream I new that Samantha was going to try and save the little boy. I just couldn't let that happen. She would get hurt and no matter what I have said before, I wouldn't be able to stand that.

I didn't give myself a chance to second guess my decision. As soon as Samantha started to head towards the building, I shoved her out of the way and ran to one of the houses. I made sure I wet all of my clothes so I wouldn't get burned as badly. This was going to hurt like crap, but I had to do it.

I Dashed inside the building and was immediately attacked by the heat. I headed up the stairs and listened for the sounds of the crying. The cries were getting stronger as I neared one of the door on the left.

The carpet was catching on fire and I hissed as it burned my legs. Sure I was a werewolf, but of course it was going to hurt. I knew I would heal pretty quickly. I grabbed the door handle and let out a sharp breath as I felt how hot it was.

I braced myself again and tried to open the door, but it was locked. I cursed my luck and shouted to the kid.

“HEY!! I'M GOING TO KICK THE DOOR IN!!! SCOOT AWAY FROM THE DOOR KID!!!” There was no response, but I prayed he listened to what I said. I made sure I used my Alpha voice.

Flames were surrounding the door. I took a deep breath and sent a strong kick to the door. I jumped inside the room and patted out the flames that covered my leg. I held in my exclamation of pain.

The little boy was huddled in the corner of the room with a blanket over him.

…..................to be continued

Sorry for the cliff hanger, but I at least wanted to get something posted this weekend. I will upload the rest of this within the week since I am not so cruel to make you wait forever >.<

-Barbara