Chapter 35: Fantasies

Josephine's POV

"So? What do you think?" I ask cheerfully, expectant for his answer. During the past two weeks, I've been determined to find a place for me as much as spending my days with Hero.

He nods in approval, walking further in to look around the space. "Seems pretty nice," he says as his eyes roam the white kitchen cabinets and the dark wooden island, which make the place have a touch of style and elegance.

Two days ago, I came across this decent and affordable flat. I wanted to see if the photos shown on the Internet were as promising as the real place, and Hero offered to come by. The flat is only ten minutes away from Hero's place. Five if you fly through the road like me...shit.

A lance of guilt hits me on the spot. Ever since I learned of Hero's past, guilt has consumed me every time I think about racing or even exceeding any limit on the road. Now that I know, I'm much more attuned to his reactions every time we ride, I pick up on his signs of anxiety. And it pains me to see him suffer even for small things like this.

Hero opens the room to the master bedroom and calls my attention. Bringing myself off my thoughts, I follow him. The room is not as big as I expected, but it's fine. I turn around and note that the closet's doors are all made of mirrors, meaning they'd reflect where my bed would go. I throw a glance at Hero but realize he's peeking into the bathroom on the other end.

Am I the only one who thought the mirrors are weirdly arousing? The idea that I could watch everything Hero does to me makes me want to try it right this second. I go to him but before I can reach him, a voice startles me.

"So will you take it, miss?" The leasing agent asks from the door's frame, reminding me he was still here.

I shake my head and focus on his question. "Uhm...yes, I will!" I hesitate only for a second because it's a big decision but I can already see myself living here. I love how the kitchen flows into the dining room, and into the living room. And how the wall made of windows on the opposite end brings into the space a great amount of natural light.

But most of all, I love that I will have a space where Hero and I can have some privacy, one place he doesn't share with his mates, and I don't share with Melissa.

He comes behind me, his arms wrapping around me. "I'm happy you found a place for yourself."

"Me too," I reply a breath away from his lips as I turn my head to kiss him. His lips move with mine and his arms tighten around my waist. I'm about to bring my hand to his chin but a clearing throat has us breaking apart, and once again I remember we're not alone.

"Uhh, yeah...that's great. I'll only need to sign this contract and the keys will be yours," he walks away from us with great awkwardness, the same one that his tone carried. And when I glance at Hero, we both chuckle silently at the guy's reaction. He pecks my lips sweetly one last time and then we follow the agent outside.

Twenty minutes later the whole paperwork is done and I have the new keys in my hand.

"Now time for the furniture?" Hero asks as we climb up my car.

I think it through but then propose, "Or...we could go pack my things up from my dorm." I really want to leave it as soon as I can.

"But you don't even have a couch," Hero counters.

"Ah right, I wouldn't have a place to sleep tonight if I pack up everything today."

"Then, you'll sleep on my bed" he states.

And I don't hide the giddy feeling twisting my stomach at his words. Coming out from his mouth, they sound hot for some reason.

Though nothing tops when he tells me, or rather demands me, to stay for the night with him. Over the past two weeks, I've been doing that frequently. Sleeping with his tight hold around me throughout the night, as if he were too scared to let me go, with my head resting on his chest or his in mine, our legs tangled with each other, and his hot breathing falling closely on my skin.