Chapter 10: Bloody you

Josephine's POV

A persistent beep starts blaring through my phone, cutting off my sleepy state and brings me back to the annoying reality.

Why the fuck is that shit still ringing?

And where the fuck is it?

I rummage through the mess of my bedspreads and pile of clothes, looking for my phone to stop the still incessant beep. God, my head is hurting from it.

Where the fuck is this shit?

I finally hear a thud from the other side of the bed. I guess that's my phone that just fell from the bed.

My patience is running thin already when I see that it was actually Melissa calling. That's so weird, because I don't think she's called me before.

Maybe is still sleep taking over but for some miracle I accept the call. "Hi?" I say unsure.

A deep sigh of relief sounds from the other line guised by loud chants and roars, throwing me off further. "Ahh, Josephine," it's what I manage to understand from her rumble of incoherent words.

Fuck, I'm not up to deal with her shit today. "Melissa, stop talking please and go to the point. What's going on?"

"Ugh, you need to come here please, Josephine. You're the only person who has responded, I literally called his friends and Ella and-"

"Melissa, stop! Go where?"

"The fighting pit! He's gonna kill him! I can't deal with this alone! Please, Josephine, please come here fast!" Terror seizing her voice.

"Wait, what?" Did she say he's gonna kill him? And I thought I was in deep shit.

"I promise I'll explain, please just come here."

Shit, she sounds really desperate and scared. That's what gets me moving. "Fine, I'll be there in 10."

I start heading for my keys when I hear a wince from Melissa, but then she's back asking me to hurry before I hang up.

Just trying to find Melissa through the dozens of people crammed is impossible. I arrived to the pit only five minutes later since I raced here to wake myself up. And as if the drive wasn't enough, I feel a bash of cold water splashing on my face when I get close enough to the ring to recognize who are fighting in a chalk drawn ring with ropes around it. Fucking hell.

I feel my whole body paralyze at the view in front of me, the one my brain is still trying to process. Somehow, my feet manage to walk me on their own towards the bloody sight. Everything else surrounding me, the stomping and screaming, gets drowned out of my mind, and I can only focus on the strength of his body, on his fists throwing punches and his legs kicking so violently.

When I'm just a few feet away, someone jerks my shoulder, breaking off my trance. I turn around to see a Melissa so out of her element. "Ah, Josephine! Thank God, you came!" She exclaims worriedly while gripping my arms. "We need to do something to stop the fight! Look at him! He's so out of control!"

That, he is. His full body is raging with so much fury that I'm actually scared for the other guy. Hero manages to dodge every punch the other guy attempts and counters back with a jab, a kick, sometimes even throwing him on the ground. I have always believed that regardless of who the person is, everyone hides their second nature from others. But I never expected for Hero's to be so brutal. He doesn't look like his normal self, at all. As if a wild creature had taken over his body. Hence why I start moving through the mass of people, looking for someone who may be able to stop the fight.