•Chapter 9•

You started feeling a sharp pain in your left leg you looked down to see it was possibly broken.

You slowly sat down incase you collapsed and Julieta run up to you both. "Mirabel are you alright?" She lifted her face up.

"Y/N what about you?" She looked down to your leg. "Come with me Y/N. Mirabel stay here ok?" Julieta helped you up.

You looked back at Mirabel and decided to give her some space. Julieta slowly took you over to everyone else who gasped when they saw you.

"Y/N are you ok?" Your Abuela walked up to you to give you a gentle hug. Rest of your family were at your house trying to figure what to do now.

"Sit down dear." Julieta sat you down on a log. You looked over back to Mirabel to see Camilo and Felix not far away from her.

Felix was comforting his son and you saw Pepa trying to calm Antonio down. Camilo set eyes on you but walked over to Pepa and Antonio instead.

"My gifts their gone, I don't- I don't kn-" He hugged his mother. "What's Antonio gonna do?" He pointed to Antonio who was still crying.

You felt something be put on your leg. You yelped in pain. "Sorry, sorry!" Julieta held your hand.

"It will sting a bit but it is better than nothing." She then started putting on a bandage around what she juts put on.

"There try not to walk too much." She stood up and walked away. "Hey Y/N." Dolores sat next to you.

"What happened to your eye?" She got real close looking into it. "Long story short, tried to travel to the past, messed up and found out I can only go to that day once, travelled back and my eyes were white because I did it whilst the candle was malfunctioning." You quickly explained.

"Can you see through it?" She asked. "Yup doesn't affect me at all but everyone keeps giving me strange looks." You shrugged.

"I think it looks cool." She nudged your arm. You let out a small laugh and then heard Julieta yell for everyone to hear.

"MIRABELS GONE!" Everyone turned to face her. "I just went over to see if she's ok and she wasn't there anymore."

You slowly got up. "Here let me help you." Dolores helped you walk over to Julieta. "What do you mean? I looked over there like 30 seconds ago." You said.

"We need to find her, she couldn't of got that far!" You urged everyone. Camilo walked up behind you and Dolores. "I agree with Y/N the sooner we start searching the better."

"You're not searching Y/N stay behind and rest." Your abuela looked at you. "Abuela please." You begged.

"Listen to her Y/N." Your Abuelo stood next to your Abuela. You sighed and Dolores sat you down where you were sat before.

Camilo then walked over after you. "I'll stay with you hermosa." He sat beside you and Dolores grinned and walked away to search with Felix.

"That was really brave of your earlier you know." Camilo smiled at you. "I mean putting Mirabel before you that was awesome, did scare me though." He gave a soft laugh causing you to do the same.

"I really hope Mirabel is alright though." You looked towards the ground. "Same but I know they'll find her." He said in a hopeful tone.

"And if they don't?"

"We will just search for her ourselves she's bound to be around the mountains somewhere" He smiled.

"I wanna search for her." You stood up. "But your family told yo-" He started. "And since when did you listen to adults Camilo Madrigal?" You teased.

"Oh shut up but we gotta be careful."

"Please we are Y/N and Camilo we are always careful." You grabbed his hand and pulled him up.

"Alright then let's go." You both started walking towards the mountains. It had been around 18 minutes and you both found a tree for you to take a break by.

"Is it hurting?" He asked laying you back on the tree. "A bit but I'm still fine." You grunted. Camilo sat beside you and put his hand on your good leg.

"If it hurts at any point tell me and I'll just carry you alright." He smiled. You laid your head on his shoulder and closed your eyes.

You gave a small nod and smiled. Camilo looked down at you and rested his head upon yours.

"Did Dolores tell you anything earlier?" He spoke. "Like what?" You muttered. "Like a secret she may of overheard."

"No, why?" You lifted your head up. "Oh no reason." You heard him give a sigh of relief as he threw his head back against the tree.

"So should we start searching again?" You suggested. Camilo nodded in agreement and helped you up.