🌺7🌺

🌺Y/N POV🌺

I enter the dining hall where the princess, the jewels, and I meet every morning to eat breakfast. Well, except this morning. It has become more common for me to be the only one in the dining hall in the mornings. At the beginning all of us would be here laughing and having a fun time. But now it's just me. I assume the princess gets food from someone bringing it to her but as for the rest they probably get it wherever they are in the kingdom.

A maid sets a plate in front of me and I nod in thanks. Today's breakfast is similar to yesterday's. I am sure Princess Ariana picks out breakfast but hasn't been able to recently due to how busy she is. The ball coming up is one of the most important balls of the year. I am not exactly sure what it is celebrating, but apparently it is so important that I am easily forgotten.

I wipe my mouth and set my utensils on the table. I finish off my drink and stand up from my chair. I start to walk back to my room fully prepared for another boring day.

•••

I drag my finger across the line that I've read at least a million times. I groan in annoyance before shutting and shelving the book to read later. I pace around my room for a short amount of time then go out on the balcony. I stand there in the early morning sun looking off into the distance. I wonder if there is anything I could help with?

That's it! Maybe I can help Princess Ariana! I rush out of my room and through multiple hallways. As a woman on a mission I stop for nothing.

"Ah! Y/N Where are you off to in such a hurry?" Madame Belena asks as I race off

"To see if I can help the princess" I yell over my shoulder, not stopping.

I soon reach the door with many handmaidens coming in and out. I sneak in behind one of the women and enter the room. Now that I think about it I have never been in Ariana's study before. I near the desk which the princess sits at and stand beside it. She glances my way before going back to her work.

"Is there something you need my jewel?" She asks quickly

"I was wondering if there was anything I could help you with!" I smile, hopeful.

"There's not anything you can help with. Why don't you go back to your room? I'll be done soon."

I nod slightly trying to keep a straight face. I back away from her desk and walk out the door of the study. I keep walking through the halls of the castle aimlessly. Thoughts run through my head at rampaing speeds. Things like 'Why did she write me off' 'She lied she will not be back soon.' 'Does she not care about me?' 'There wasn't one thing that I could help with?' 'Why'

"You seem to be in a flurry." A voice calls

I turn to look behind me to see the woman in red, Madame Belena.

"A flurry?" I ask confused

"Yes! Your thoughts seem to be going a mile a minute. Why don't you come have tea with me and we can chat about what troubles you!" the woman suggests

I hesitate for only a moment before walking to Madame Belena and following her into her drawing room. She grabs my hand when we enter and leads me towards a couch. She sits down while holding my hands while looking at me waiting for me to spill everything going on in my head.

"Um...I...uh..." I stutter

"Take your time! I'll go make tea for you quickly." She says while standing up.

I nod my head and calm my stampeding thoughts. Within a minute Madame Belena is back with a tray of tea. She sets one cup in front of me and another in front of her. She pours the tea and offers me sugar cubes. One she is done she relaxes and sips quietly on her tea.

"So, would you like to tell me now what has gotten your thoughts into a twist?" She asks calmly

"I feel lonely I guess." I say unsurely.

"But that is not what has been truly troubling you? Correct?" She hints

"Yeah...I guess..."

"Let me guess? You fear they are actually forgetting about you?"

I nod slightly and bite my lip as I hold back the tears in my eyes.

"Oh, dear." Madame Belena coos

She sets down her tea and scoots closer to me holding me in her arms. She strokes my hair in a comforting manner. She speaks softly as I cry. I don't even really know this woman. At first I thought she seemed to be a cruel woman, but she's actually nice and actually cares about me.

"Remember dear, you can always come to me if you ever need."

The two women stay in their position of The lady in red holding onto the miserable younger lady. But little did they know a woman stands in front of the door to the room listening in to the conversation. She knew her little star had been busy, but she did not think she had been neglecting her newest jewel. It worried the mother. She will have to talk to her Ariana.

•••

This night is the same as every other night. I sit on my bed with Princess Ariana cuddling close to me. She quietly stares off into the distance. We sit in silence.

"Ariana?" I whisper quietly

"Hm?" She hums sleepily

"Do you think I could help you with some work tomorrow so you don't have to be so bu-...sy" I trail off.

Once again she had fallen asleep before I could even utter a word. Her soft snores annoy me. She really is forgetting about me, or she just doesn't care. I am only here for when the others aren't. The only reason I don't have a job is because I am practically useless to her.

I carefully slip out from under the covers and the arms of Ariana. I sit on the edge of the bed prepared to stand and go onto the balcony, but I am stopped by a small voice.

"Nell-hm..." Ariana mumbles

Of course. Why did I think she would call out to me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Look at the goddess!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Look at the goddess!!