🌺21🌺

🌺Bavilo POV🌺

I will never know why my father decided a picnic with everyone was a good idea. But, here we are in the middle of nowhere in the woods having a picnic. I'm surprised a fight hasn't broken out yet. I can practically see Prince Efrit's blood boiling. My mother's backhanded threats and insults aren't helping either.

"Your dress is just divine Roserice! My mother would have worn something similar long ago," My mother smiles fakely.

"Thank you Benela. Your necklace is splendid. Looks like one that I have in my jewelry box," Roserice curtly says.

"Mhm. Yes, it is nice isn't it," My mother responds.

"I am so glad that you are getting along so well," My father says.

The old fool is blind and can't see what is right underneath his nose. Anyone with eyes can clearly see the death threats in their eyes.

"So, Princess, I heard that you have a new friend. I have yet to meet her," Marigold softly comments.

"Oh? You haven't met Y/N yet?" Ariana asks

"No, I haven't. She seems like a nice girl,"

"She is," Ariana smiles widely as do the jewels behind her.

Speaking of Y/N...

She's sitting in a field a good fifteen paces away talking with Marigold's son, Haveron, and my brother Kamal. I watch them for a moment before looking back at the picnic. No one really seems to notice they aren't at the blanket anymore. Probably too distracted by the word war my mother started.

I walk the paces and stand over their activity. They seem to be making flower crowns. Or rather Haveron is teaching Y/N while my brother remains seemingly uninterested. I sit down beside Y/N and watch her struggle to tie a stem the correct way. I laugh a little at her effort. She whips her head around to playfully glare at me causing me to laugh more. Haveron laughs at the mess Y/N made with her stems and then offers to fix it, but I take it before he can.

I hold it in my hands carefully as I weave the stems and tie the small knots. Every once and a while Y/N will hand me a flower and I thank her. I continue on and on in silence. Eventually, it is just her and I. My half-brother and full-blooded brother have gone back to the blanket for the picnic.

"There, what do you think?" I ask looking at Y/N.

"It's so pretty! How do you know how to make them Bavilo?" She asks.

"I used to go out into the gardens and make them. But don't tell anyone that though I always picked them from the bushes when I wasn't supposed to." I laugh

"Ok, cross my heart." She giggles.

I place the flower crown atop her head and she laughs. Her laugh is amazing. She then flops her head into my lap staring up at me. She laughs again. I assume finding the situation amusing. I feel sets of eyes watching me with malice, but I could care less. They won't do anything, not while she's watching, so I laugh with her.

This is what I've always wanted. To sit in a field in peace with someone who could love me as much as I love them. Someone like Y/N.

"Let's go on an adventure," I suggest while glancing over at the forest.

"What kind?" She lifts a brow.

"A grand one," I smile cheekily.

She sits up and faces me with a smile. I stand, brushing off my pants, and holding out my hand to her. She takes my hand and stands. She also brushes off her outfit and then runs over to Princess Ariana. She takes the flower crown off her head and places it atop the princess's head.
Y/N begins to run back to me but is stopped by Lord Phantom and Prince Efrit.