🌺20🌺

🌺Bavilo POV🌺

I do not know when I began feeling this way. I just know that one day it became very apparent to me. Though, I had not given it much thought at first. I only thought this feeling was some kind of pity. Pity for the girl who was to be stolen away from her family by my half sister, Princess Ariana.

Maybe it was when I first realized just how horrible her blood relatives truly were. Or it could've been when I realized when my mother was manipulating her, but when isn't my mother a woman of two faces? But then again, maybe it was at first sight and I was too much of an idiot to realize it.

All I know is that the feeling I have for the stolen girl is one beyond likeness. It's stronger than any feeling I've felt before. I adore her attention. I crave her validation. I like her so much it could be love. No, it is. I love Y/N L/N.

Why was I such an idiot?

***

I remember the first time I saw her.

It was long before she ever became involved with the royal family. It was at a party. She had many people around her to protect her from the outside world. A wall of flesh and bone to keep the innocent and unscathed beauty away from the tainted and bloodied gruesome heathens of the world.

I tried to talk with her at one moment when I was unsupervised. But the wall held me away. There were no gaps to see through at that time. They didn't even let me peek. For the rest of the party I admired from a distance. I was like Icuraus. Traveling close to the sun, but unlike him I was smart enough to know not to get too close. Otherwise her beauty would be blocked from my sight.

Occasionally, she would look up from her shoes and gaze at the brilliant lights of the party. At one moment she looked my way and gave me a small wave with a courteous smile. I returned it with stunned excitement. It wasn't long before all the gaps in the wall concealed her once more.

I would see her at parties and balls every once and a while. Every time the wall was still there. At one point in time I spoke with her brother. That was how I got to know her. I never spoke to her, but her brother? He was close enough.

He only spoke ill of her, but I could find the good that hid behind his mind contaminated with lies.

"She reads these dreadful books. They scramble her brain and make her think that she can do whatever it is that she wants to. It is horrible to even fathom," He would say.

She likes to read books of independent, adventure seeking travelers. She admires and wishes to be them. 

"Mother has told me that she once caught her hiding them under her mattress! If that is not an act of rebellion then I do not know what is. Mother burned the books as soon as she found them," He would continue.

She knows the importance of literature despite the influences around her.

"Father has said that I am the lucky one. He has said I should be grateful for being the person I am and not someone like my sister who dreads every party we go to. She tries to escape her guards. Did you know that?"

She wants to be free. Just like in her books she seeks adventure.

"At home she acts like a heathen! She has told mother that she wishes to run barefoot in the hedge maze on our grounds! Is that not appalling,"

She loves the outdoors and the feeling of nature around her.

"What is her name?" I ask while seeking her eyes of e/c.

"Y/N...Mother said it means purity. But it is all a farce. Wherever mother got that meaning was wrong. I looked it up myself, you know. It actually means..."

Y/N...Y/N L/N...What a pretty name.

"Mother named me B/N because it means great warrior! I didn't even bother looking it up. I know it is all true." B/N rants.

Y/N's brother is a know-it-all weakling scared of other's opinions so he doesn't let them talk, and instead fills all parts of the conversation with his 'opinions' which he got from his parents.

Maybe he is the heathen.

***

Eventually, I started seeing less of her.

She would show up to one party and then be gone the next. When she was there she never spoke to me. Never saw me. Instead she was forced to watch her father talk to other eager men  slightly older than her and I.

One day she stopped coming all together. I eventually figured it out. Y/N L/N the daughter, the property, of a wealthy man named Lord L/N had been taken off of the market.

After that I never saw her again.

***

I remember hearing of when my sister went to retrieve her...

"Hey Bavilo?"

"Yes, Brother?"

"Where has Ariana gone?"

"Why would I know I'm not her keeper?"

"Hm...well I heard she is going to pick another one of those jewels of her's, the harlot."

"Hm..."

"Just another pretty boy who will become her plaything. I bet she has grown tired of the ones she now keeps on her arm."

"I wonder who it is..."

***

The rumors...

"I heard he's rather short."

"That's funny because I heard he was taller than the Duke!"

"Oh my, then have you heard he is feminine looking like the general?"

"Yes I have! I wonder if the princess chose him because of that."

"I'm unsure, but I have heard he is just from a small town just off the western border."

"Really? I've heard most people from the west are all either mad as hatters or no good dinghy dogs."

***

And finally seeing her...

"Hello father, mother and company. This is Y/N L/N and she is my newest jewel. Treat her well."

"Hello your majesties."

I still stand a chance.

Maybe I could have gotten to you sooner.

Y/N L/N...I wish, together, we can be forever.