🌺16🌺

🌺Y/N POV🌺

Across from me is Haun. He showed me to the royal library after I asked him for a book suggestion, so here we are. He is reading a book titled 'Don Quixote' by Miguel de Cervantes whereas I am reading a book called 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' by William Shakespeare. Haun told me it is a bit confusing to read but I might like it due to its fantasy aspect.

So far it's not bad. There is drama brewing within the first few pages. So far my favorite character is Puck. He is so mischievous! But Haun was right, it is a confusing read. I've had to ask him what certain phrases or words mean due to them being in Shakespearean dialect.

Haun also seems to be content with his book as well. He hasn't said much. He only smiles slightly or his eyebrows will crinkle and his lips curve downward slightly. He looks so peaceful situated in a plush chair across from the loveseat I am lounging on. I wonder how often he comes in here. He knew immediately where to find these books.

"Has your book become boring? Or do you like dragging your eyes across me more?" Haun teases.

I feel my face flush harshly and I quickly cover my face with my book, my face resting in between the pages. I hear him laugh quietly and I curl in on myself. I listen as he shifts his position and I stay quiet. Slowly, a force pushes down my book below my eyes. Molten gold eyes meet mine and I melt into the softness of them.

"You are too cute." Haun smiles warmly.

I try to cover my face again but he stops me. He pushes the book down further till it is at chest level.

"You are so beautiful when you blush my love." He compliments.

"But I don't want to blush! You're making me flustered!" I protest.

He laughs at my exclamation. He smiles at me before grabbing my book. He moves beside me and pulls me into him. I relax slightly as he wraps an arm around me and holds my book in front of the both of us.

"Where did you leave off?" He asks softly.

"Right there," I say as I point to the line I left off on.

"Hm...That very time I saw (but thou couldst not), Flying between the cold moon and the earth, Cupid all arm'd. A certain aim he took At a fair vestal throned by the west, And loos'd his love- shaft smartly from his bow, As it should pierce a hundred thousand hearts; But I might see young Cupid's fiery shaft Quench'd in the chaste beams of the wat'ry moon, And the imperial vot'ress passed on, In maiden meditation, fancy-free..." Haun reads

I listen as he continues. I barely understand the meaning behind the confusing words but I do not care. His voice soothes my adrenaline and tugs at the back of my mind in hopes of lulling me to sleep. I rest my head on his chest as he continues to read. His breaths are constant and relaxed further pulling me into darkness. I let my eyes droop as I read along with him.

Eventually, I must have fallen asleep because I do not remember anything after the words "The wildest hath not such a heart as you. Run when you will; the story shall be chang'd: Apollo flies, and Daphne holds the chase."

***

Oh, I'm a mess

Who's singing?

When I overthink the little things in my head

You seem to always help me catch my breath

Whoever it is, their voice is beautiful

But then I lose it again

When I look at you, that's the end

They are also playing an instrument...one I haven't heard before