Someone Worth Dreaming For

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serena's POV

Serena withheld a scream as she turned and faced the window, opening her eyes just wide enough to make out the shape of a body lying against the glass.

She gasped in horror and summoned every ounce of her willpower to remain calm. Serena pushed away her fears and then the covers as she cautiously approached the glass.

The sight she witnessed would have made her shriek had it not been for one detail: the raven-haired boy whom she recognized in a heartbeat, despite him being unconscious beneath the raging storm, was wearing one of the most accomplished smiles on his face that Serena had ever seen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ash's POV

Ash stood in the center of a grand Pokémon battle stadium as spotlights from indiscernible locations shined on him. He turned and faced what he thought were crowds of people in the stands, only to see no one.

He suddenly felt as though he were being pulled in a direction as the scene shifted to that of an aquatic enclosure. He appeared to be standing in a seamless cube made entirely of glass in the middle of an ocean. Air bubbles circulated around the cube that began to feel more and more like an enormous fish tank.

Misty would probably enjoy this, Ash thought to himself.

A door materialized a few feet in front of Ash and through it came a man donning a celeste scarf with messy black hair vaguely resembling a flame. Ash could not make out the man's face as he approached him.

"Ash, what is your truest goal?" the man questioned.

"You know my name?" the boy responded.

"I asked a question," the man replied coldly.

"My truest goal? Well I want to be a Pokémon Master!" Ash exclaimed.

"I ask you to confirm that by saying it one more time," the man said.

"Uh, I want to be a Pokémon M-" Ash stopped when a familiar girl wearing a light-pink fedora and knee-high stockings and a blue ribbon centered above her chest suddenly appeared at the top of the enclosure. She was suspended by a coarse rope coiled around her waist as she screamed through her gag. Ash didn't have to ask to know who the girl was.

"Let her go!" Ash roared, glaring at the man.

"I said to confirm your goal by repeating it once more," the man stated with a hint of vexation in his voice.

"Not until you release her!" Ash retaliated indignantly.

"So, your goal isn't to become a Pokémon Master, but rather the girl here?"

"I pick both! They're both equally important to me!" Ash vociferated.

"There is no both. Either pick one, or suffer the consequences," the man uttered forebodingly.

Ash could now make out the man's features: he had thin eyebrows and razor-sharp eyes that dared to cut the only thing preventing Serena from demise at any moment. The man Ash was facing was none other than the Kalos Champion, Alain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serena's POV