Cr(ash)ing The Party

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serena's POV

"U-um Ash!" Serena stammered, her hands awkwardly extended in front of her, trembling with uncertainty. "You- I- Um! Can't be-"

Although it was dark, she felt the boy turn to face her as he spoke, each breath brushing against her chin and elevating her pulse by 10 beats per minute.

"If you think I'm going to let you sleep on the floor, then you must be out of your mind," the boy replied in a monotonous voice.

Serena cupped a hand to her mouth, grateful that her flustered visage was masked by the darkness. Ash was serious, and there hadn't been an ounce of jest in his voice, yet Serena felt all of the emotions behind it.

"Ash... I-" Serena trailed off, her body beginning to quiver as she spoke, "I don't think I'm ready for this..."

Suddenly, she felt the soft touch of the boy she loved alleviate her nerves and relax her muscles like a tranquilizer making its way through her body. She blinked and looked up, a ray of moonlight now illuminating the spot where Ash had placed his hand on Serena's.

The glistening tear rolling down the boy's cheek was not necessary to confirm the sincerity in his voice.

"Listen Serena... I'm not really good at these kinds of things, so don't get the wrong idea if I accidentally say something wrong. I'm sorry if I made you nervous earlier, and I didn't mean to drag you in here with me, but I wasn't going to let you sleep on the floor. I figured since you probably wouldn't budge, this would be the only way. I hope you aren't mad," Ash said.

Serena was unable to respond. Her mind was still processing the whole situation. All she managed to do was to squeeze Ash's hand tighter.

"I'll take that as an 'I'm slightly mad, but not that mad,'" Ash joked as he flashed a goofy grin. This made Serena giggle slightly.

"But it's just every time I'm with you, it's like there's a bunch of Butterfree in my stomach. I don't really know how else to describe it," Ash added.

Oh my gosh he likes me, he basically just admitted he likes me - wait! Calm down Serena, he just said he's nervous when he's around you, and it could basically be like me talking to Aria since I get nervous around her but I don't like Aria - I mean I do but not in that way-

"Serena? Are you alright? Did I say something wrong? You looked like you were about to explode," Ash asked in a concerned tone.

"Oh, N-no! I was just surprised that you were so honest with how you felt, and that you were able to tell me so easily," Serena replied.

"Easily? Is it supposed to be hard or something?" Ash inquired cluelessly.

Serena sighed. Classic Ash, if only you knew what I went through during our journey in Kalos...

Serena's thoughts were interrupted by an unexpected question from Ash.

"How much longer are you going to stay here in Alola?" he asked.

Serena could see the hopefulness in his auburn eyes that made her want to never leave his side.

"Lillie, Mallow, and Lana actually suggested I try introducing my performances to Alola, and since that aligns with my duties as Kalos Queen and gives me a reason to stay longer..." Serena began.

Before she could finish her sentence, Ash jumped up and pumped his fist in the air impetuously.

"Yes!" he declared triumphantly in a fashion similar to when he earned a new badge, "Serena's here-"