Punishing The Pancake Pilferer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ash's POV

The three Alolan girls sat at the table, pleasantly enjoying their breakfasts as they awaited their friend from Kalos to join them. A glossy coating of maple syrup dripped from their pancakes, contributing to the sweet aroma that filled the room.

"Did you get her Lillie?" Mallow asked, savoring a bite of her food.

"Mhm!" Lillie responded, "She's just getting ready now and will be out in a bit, right Snowy?"

"Vul!" the Alolan fox beckoned for a piece of food from her trainer to which she provided gladly.

Upon hearing the sound of distant footsteps, the girls turned towards the source of the noise before a light rumbling ensued.

"Is that Serena?" Lana asked, holding down her cup, the liquid threatening to overflow.

"T-that sounds a lot more like a stampede of Tauros than Serena to me..." Lillie pointed out nervously.

"I guess she's really hungry," Mallow suggested.

From a cloud of dust, a raven-haired figure emerged and charged the table uncontrollably.

"Quick! Get out of the way!" Mallow cried as she and Lana abandoned their chairs for safety.

Lillie screamed and braced herself, closing her eyes.

"FOOOOOOD!" a familiar voice voraciously screamed as a boy belly-flopped onto the table, immediately beginning to devour everything in sight.

"It's delicious!" he exclaimed, bare handedly grabbing entire pancakes and stuffing himself to the brim.

Their astonishment palpable, the girls once again faced the direction of the unknown assailant as a flustered girl donning a red vest and tights appeared.

"ASH! What were you thinking?!" she ruefully screamed with her arms extended behind her.

"Huh?" Lillie said, opening her eyes.

"No way..." Lana mumbled.

"Did she say Ash?!" Mallow asked.

Sure enough, the trainer whose impetuous nature had never failed to get the better of him lied flat on the table and let out a hearty belch marking the consumption of the last pancake.

"Oh hey guys! Sorry about that, I guess I just got a little hungry," Ash said nonchalantly.

The three girls stared at him speechlessly, until Serena broke the silence.

"Ash!" Serena whined, "You were supposed to stay hidden! You can't just barge in and start eating everything!"

The culinary culprit began to speak when a confused chef interrupted.

"Ash? How did- what are you doing here?" Mallow asked, utterly flabbergasted.

"Did Serena invite you?" Lana asked.

"You scared me..." Lillie remarked.

Ash stared blankly at his interrogators before he suddenly found his knees pressed against the ground and his body bowed in submission.

"I'm so sorry! I smelled some really good food and just followed it without thinking... and I haven't eaten since like last night before I left Professor Kukui's house so please forgive me!" Ash begged.

"Since you left the Professor's house last night?" Lana asked.

Ash scratched the back of his head as he typically did in these types of situations. "Oh right, let me explain."