A Promise To Fulfill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serena's POV

The Kalos Queen was nonplussed. She had fantasized about this situation countless times in the past, yet when presented with it she was unsure of what to do.

"You won the bet Serena, remember?" Ash said, pulling the girl from her daze.

"Bet? R-right, and that means I get to... um-" Serena fumbled for words.

"Make me do anything you want for the rest of the day! Whether you want to battle, train, or even go shopping." Ash seemed to shudder at the last word.

Serena felt her heart begin to race as she met Ash's gaze sanguinely. The situation had an element of surreality to it, and she feared she would wake up from the dream at any moment. "Will you really agree to anything I ask?" she asked.

"You bet!" Ash clenched his fist in front of him reassuringly. Little did he suspect that his enthusiasm would soon turn into rueful apathy.

Serena felt a warm smile make its way up her cheek as she grabbed the boy's hand, to his surprise, and took off towards Melemele shopping center.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ash, look how nice this is! Would you mind trying it on?" Serena asked, presenting a classy all-black suit adorned with bronze cufflinks and wooden buttons.

"Another suit..." Ash muttered, a degree of jadedness present in his voice. However, he did not want to disappoint the girl - nor could he due to their agreement - so he complied.

Minutes later, Ash found himself stripped of virtually all mobility due to the inelastic nature of the suit, resulting in a penguin-like waddle that replaced his natural stride. Serena and Pikachu could not contain their laughter as the boy attempted to move in an almost robotic fashion.

"Pika-pi chu-pika!" Pikachu cried hysterically as its trainer helplessly attempted to loosen his tie.

"Ash, you look so uptight!" Serena giggled, "Try to relax a little."

"I would if I could get this tie off- MMF!" Ash's face turned an unnatural shade of purple when he pulled his tie in the wrong direction.

"HELP- Can't... breathe..." the boy managed.

"Oh my!" Serena gasped, rushing over to Ash. "Here, let me help you." She began to deftly weave her fingers around the tightly drawn knot restricting Ash's respiratory functions until the tie was unfastened.

Serena let out a sigh of relief as Ash gulped for air. "Thanks Serena," Ash said, rubbing the part of his neck that was constricted, "You're the best!"

"Pika-pi!" Pikachu chimed in.

Serena felt her cheeks flush briefly at the compliment. "I'm glad you're okay; now let me show you how to tie a tie properly!" she asserted. There was no getting out of this for Ash, so he reluctantly allowed Serena to use his neck to demonstrate the process.

Ash could smell the sweet fragrance coming off from the honey-blonde's hair as she worked, with each movement reinvigorating his senses with a scent he would grow to love.

"Tadaaa! How does it feel?" Serena asked, taking a step back to observe her handiwork.

Ash shifted his posture and slightly adjusted his tie. "It feels great! I feel like I could battle with this!" Ash struck a pose, causing a slight tear in the fabric of the suit from below his extended arm.