its all just chemistry

plot idea from -marvabell- ur the loml
ship: wolfstar
word count: 1447
-

Sirius Black was clumsy to begin with. Add an extremely attractive, nerdy lab partner, and his limbs basically move as if independent from his brain. This was a large problem when it came to handling chemicals.

Remus was forced to take chemistry junior year of high school. The class sucked; a massive workload and confusing subject matter were not a great combination. The only even remotely okay thing about this class was his lab partner. He, of course, recognized him on the first day of school. Sirius Black was a legend. Everyone knew him, loved him, was in love with him, or wanted to be him. Sirius and his best friends, James and Peter, were school royalty. Remus didn't care for that crap, but sometimes he forgot that when he looked over at his lab partner.

Sirius was as attractive as everyone said he was. He had angular, defined features, curious grey eyes, and ridiculously shiny black hair. But he wasn't perfect, and that's why Remus liked him. He was energetic to a fault, he was terrible at chemistry, and he was seriously clumsy.

One particular day, the class was doing a lab, mixing (dangerous) chemicals to see the reaction. And, Sirius may have been a little bit distracted. It was hard not to be when your lab partner was beautiful. Sirius had heard of Remus Lupin a few times, mainly from James's crush, Lily, who was friends with him. But no one told him he was Sirius's dream person. His curly brown hair always fell in front of his eyes, his face crinkled as he focused, smushing all of his freckles together, he dressed like someone's grandfather if they were a college professor. Remus was way more fun, and way more interesting, to focus on than the class.

That wasn't always okay. Like, when they were mixing chemicals. Sirius was concentrating so much more on his lab partner, he didn't even realize he was spilling a harmful chemical all over said lab partner.

"What the fuck?!" Remus jumped up upon realizing he had been covered in a liquid.

"Oh, my goodness. I am so sorry. Ms. Booker?" Sirius went completely red.

He had such a good thing going with Remus, even made him laugh a few times, and one careless moment fucked the whole thing up. Or so he thought.

"Sirius! Pay attention. Remus, honey, you're going to need to use the emergency shower." The teacher ran to their lab table, curly gray hair flowing behind her.

As soon as she reached the table, the bell rang, signaling the end of class. All of the other students packed their backpacks and left, muttering "thank you" to the teacher on their way out.

The only people left in the room were Ms. Booker, Remus, and Sirius.

"Sirius. I don't know what to do with you. Remus, come shower, honey." She shook her head at Sirius, and gestured Remus toward the shower.

Flashing Sirius a uncertain look, he slowly took off his shirt and got under the shower.

And, suddenly, Sirius could not focus on a single thing because Remus Lupin had abs. He was skinny and lanky, but somehow, the boy had abs. He also had scars running across his abdomen, which looked like old tree branches. Sirius was about 10 seconds from combusting.

Remus, on the other hand, was extremely uncomfortable. He hoped he would be able to go all of high school without stripping in front of a hot guy in the chemistry lab, but alas, the universe had different plans. And it was less Sirius seeing him shirtless, it was Sirius seeing the scars. The scars from his father, new ones added daily until he finally ran away to Lily's house.