im in love with you

ship: wolfstar
word count: 1298
inspiration: this video of a 1975 concert

Sirius Black had a reputation. Being the frontman of a rock band is bound to come with a little bit of notoriety.

In the case of Sirius Black, his reputation included potentially dangerous crowd surfing, risqué dance moves, improvisations, a slightly obscene mouth, and kissing his fans.

Lily Evans was banking on the last one being part of the concert she saw. Lily Evans was a huge fan of Sirius's band, The Marauders. Her friends joked that it was because she had a crush on the bassist of the group, and they weren't completely wrong. In all honesty, Lily really did enjoy their music. So did her best friend Remus, so when she got two tickets to see them in concert in London, he wasn't saying no.

He was starting to regret that though, as they camped out outside the venue.

"Remus! Look at the sign I made!" Lily exclaimed, holding a large piece of cardboard behind her back.

She brandished the sign and gave her best friend a chance to read it, and in that moment, he not only regretted going to this concert, but regretted most of his life choices leading up to that moment.

The sign read, in big sparkly letters: "my best friend is 20 and hasn't had his first kiss. please be his first kiss"

"Tell me you're not serious." Remus flushed. Yes, he was twenty. No, he had never kissed anyone (other than Lily on a dare). His entire grade at his boarding school was basically in love with him, but he was oblivious and has extremely high standards, so he just never got his first kiss.

"Oh, I fully am. Need I remind you, I got you this ticket and can revoke it at any moment." Lily winked, her red hair flapping in the morning wind.

"Are you blackmailing me?"

"One of these days, you're going to get mono." James Potter laughed. James was The Marauders bassist.

"I will not get mono. And if I do, it's a cool story." Sirius laughed. His affinity for kissing random fans had gone viral, just like he wanted it to. The band was rising in fame exponentially due to his little stunt.

"You fully will, and we will laugh." Said Dorcas Meadowes, the bands drummer.

The Marauders had a concert routine down. It was a well oiled machine at that point. It had to be after playing 22 sold out shows in a month.

The set list was exact, everything was timed right. Even the little improv moments were at specific times and for specific lengths.

Sirius's favorite part, other than singing the songs he poured his heart out to in front of people who fully understand him, was reading fans signs and interacting with this crowd.

One sign in particular caught his attention. It was a small piece of cardboard held by a beautiful redhead girl close to the front.

"I'm sorry, is that correct?" He pointed to the sign the girl was holding.

She nodded enthusiastically, starstruck by his interaction with her.

"This beautiful girls sign says 'my best friend is 20 and hasn't had his first kiss. please be his first kiss'. Where is your friend?" Sirius asked, attempting to locate the person she was with.

The girl jumped and pointed at the boy next to her. Sirius was certain that he had just appeared there in that moment. A face that striking, he thought he would notice.

This best friend of this girl was one of the most beautiful people Sirius had ever seen. He didn't even look real.

"Sorry, how have you never kissed anyone?" Sirius asked this boy. He was so confused how someone that attractive could've never kissed anyone. "For those of you who cannot see him, this man is incredibly attractive."